- We are excited to announce that at an awards ceremony in November,.... The post Arcadis Employee picks up Women of the Future Award appeared first on thebigidea.
- The Environment team in Arcadis had unprecedented success at this year’s Brownfield.... The post Arcadis Environment team receives 3 awards appeared first on thebigidea.
- Emma graduated with a MEng (Hons) Civil & Coastal Engineering from Plymouth.... The post Emma Herbert was selected onto the Women Engineering Society Youth board at Arcadis appeared first on thebigidea.
- In September and October 2016, Paydata collected information on a number of.... The post Paydata UK Reward Management Survey 2016 appeared first on thebigidea.
- CMI research shows not enough women are making it to middle management.... The post Middle management lacking women appeared first on thebigidea.
Principal Engineer - Marine & Coastal - Exeter job in Exeter
Find out what it is like to work at Arcadis
Job Title - Principal Engineer - Marine & Coastal - Exeter
The Exciting Opportunity:
If you're looking for a role as a Principal Engineer and wishing to develop your career and are ambitious to achieve your career potential, read on. Join our Marine & Coastal team in Exeter as a Principal Engineer and we'll make sure you get the experience and personalised learning support you need to take your career as far as you want it to go.
Our Water and Utilities team is involved in some of the UK's most complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding. We have an enviable reputation in the delivery of such schemes and are working closely with some of the UK's most established and recognisable utilities companies, undertaking a vast array of projects to enhance the UK's utility services.
Overview of Role:
Reporting to the Associate Business Director, you will take on a key role within the Marine & Coastal team in Exeter, providing line management, leadership, technical advice and leading by example where appropriate. You will manage selected projects and bids, meeting budgetary, quality and timeframe targets, promoting and marketing all facets of Arcadis' services. To are expected to develop and maintain sustainable relationships with clients and colleagues in other sectors/Arcadis offices whilst also building and consolidate networks within the industry.
- Delivering selected projects or components of projects, taking responsibility for design, managing subcontractors, quality assurance and client feedback and ensuring effective communication of any changes/modifications
- Preparing bids and fee proposals for future work opportunities
- Providing technical advice and engineering design on marine and coastal engineering projects
- Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design
- Providing both leadership and technical advice to team members
- Reviewing and ensuring compliance in the components of the project for which responsible, including drawings, reports, specifications and studies
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with clients, to help identify and secure future work opportunities
- Managing all commercial aspects (contract, invoicing, debt management, client management etc) relating to projects for which responsible
- Maintaining a good understanding of the background of the client's business and industry to facilitate building effective and enduring relationships and consolidating both company and personal credibility in the industry
- Line management to a team of Engineers and Graduate Engineers
- Providing direction to others, leading by example to achieve sector goals and championing a quality, innovative, client-focused and entrepreneurial culture
- Supporting the Associate Business Director in development of the Marine & Coastal Team
- Assisting in developing team members to their full potential
- Being familiar with, and compliant with, relevant H & S regulations and promoting a culture of awareness within the team
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your manager or Arcadis
What you have to Offer:
We are now seeking to recruit a Principal Civil Engineer to become a key and integral part of our established Marine and Coastal team based in our Exeter office. With a firm market presence and offering a range of specialist services, this is a great chance to join a growing business with an impressive forward order book.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- Relevant Engineering Degree (e.g. MEng Civil Engineering or Coastal Engineering, etc.)
- Chartered Engineer Professional status i.e. MICE
- Demonstrable experience of working coastal and port engineering projects, with river and canal experience a distinct advantage
- Capability in coastal engineering and/or port engineering design
- Knowledge of coastal processes, hydraulic, geotechnical and structural engineering design
- Knowledge of coastal modelling and FCERM Appraisal Guidance is an advantage
- Design and build experience
- Experience in managing commercial aspects of a project
- Good motivation, influencing, people management and delegation skills
- Ability to think in an innovative and entrepreneurial manner with good understanding of commercial aspects of a project
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate €2.5 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit: www.arcadis.com .
Arcadis UK now incorporates the Hyder and EC Harris brands.
What We Offer:
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
Highly competitive salary
Stakeholder Pension matched to 8%
Annual Leave, with option to purchase additional days
Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid
Tax Free Season Ticket Loan
Flexible Benefits Scheme, including Cycle to Work and Childcare Vouchers
Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
Long Term Service Awards
Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make
For some levels, Company Car/car Allowance
Opportunities like this are rare. Don't miss out on a chance to put yourself in a place where great things can happen. Get in touch now to let us know that you're interested in making a move.
IT & Internet