- We are excited to announce that at an awards ceremony in November,.... The post Arcadis Employee picks up Women of the Future Award appeared first on thebigidea.
- The Environment team in Arcadis had unprecedented success at this year’s Brownfield.... The post Arcadis Environment team receives 3 awards appeared first on thebigidea.
- Emma graduated with a MEng (Hons) Civil & Coastal Engineering from Plymouth.... The post Emma Herbert was selected onto the Women Engineering Society Youth board at Arcadis appeared first on thebigidea.
- In September and October 2016, Paydata collected information on a number of.... The post Paydata UK Reward Management Survey 2016 appeared first on thebigidea.
- CMI research shows not enough women are making it to middle management.... The post Middle management lacking women appeared first on thebigidea.
Project Manager job in London
Find out what it is like to work at Arcadis
Job Title - Project Manager
We are currently seeking to grow our team and are seeking project managers to be an integral part of the team with an output focussed approach delivering excellent results for our clients. Applicants will be expected to have appropriately aligned delivery experience.
Are you looking for an employer who can help you become the best?
Arcadis is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services.
Welcome to our world...
You will be joining a company that puts people right at the heart of its offer to clients. We are part of Arcadis, the leading global design and consultancy firm employing 28,000 people and generating more than €3 billion in revenue every year. Our focus is on bringing together passionate, talented people in high-performing teams to help clients navigate the increasingly complex challenges in the built and natural world.
Global Business Line/Business Unit Heading, who are they?
You will be part of professional team that is in tune with the ethos of the public sector and understands the distinctive challenges and responsibilities that come from working in this arena. Our clear focus on delivering exceptional outcomes for our clients means that you can be confident of making an important and positive contribution to the development of the national social infrastructure.
The purpose of this role will encompass Local Government led housing regeneration and new housing supply as this is a strong growth area in London. We have a number of exciting projects including estate regeneration, estate redevelopment, residential led mixed-use development and capital works where we are working with Clients to maximise their assets.
What about our sector?
Our Social Infrastructure business unit works with clients in central and local government, health and education to develop civic facilities, hospitals, universities and schools across the UK. High-profile projects such as the new Metropolitan Police HQ at Curtis Green and the new Graphene Innovation Centre at the University of Manchester, as well as hundreds of schools nationwide, are part of our current portfolio.
So, who are you and how will you make a difference?
You will be responsible for supporting managers in achieving service excellence and positive outcomes for our clients; showing high levels of technical capability, sound commercial knowledge and a good understanding of the key drivers or cost and value; capturing and sharing knowledge and driving innovation in service. You will be presented with a great opportunity for career progression whilst at the same time being exposed to cross sector experience.
Key Duties Include:
- Undertake day-to-day delivery of projects
- Draft Project Execution Plans to deliver outputs
- Manage design teams in the development of design solutions
- Undertake contact administration
- Development of project documentation, programmes, master budget etc.
- Maintain a robust document management system
- Produce reports to suit relevant stages of the projects
- Comply with Arcadis governance
- Deliver projects with the framework of risk, sustainability and environmental considerations agreed at the business case/client brief stage, while maintaining focus on time, cost and quality.
- Stakeholder mapping and management
- Monitor and report on the contractors progress against the contract programme
- Manage consultant teams to ensure that the contractor's design complies with the contract
- Manage consultant teams to ensure that the built product is compliant with the contract.
- Utilise Sector specific market, client and Built Asset know how (Insight)
- Demonstrable track record of delivering Residential projects
- Professional qualification of appropriate level
- Ability to interface with clients, demonstrable track record of doing so
- Ability to lead/work in multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to articulate current issues specific to the Residential and Local Government market
- High quality oral and written communications (reports, instructions etc.)
- Good people management and leadership skills
- Experience of producing reports on a monthly basis relating to project deliverables
- Experience of sustaining client relationships
- Pro-active approach - able to identify areas of need and to manage outputs
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- A flexible attitude - able to respond to the needs of the business
- Ideally experience to include some of - interpretation of contracts, design and implementation of change management, resolution of contractual disputes, design and implementation of project controls, contract correspondence and financial close out of contracts
- Good knowledge and use of document management systems to aid efficient service delivery
- Experience of programme analysis, interrogation, interpretation and client reporting
What makes us the best?
This role is more than a standard next step. It is a chance to move into a business where you can go as far as you want. Get in touch now and tell us where we can help you take your career.
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
Highly competitive salary
Annual holiday allowance, plus the option to buy extra
One of the best contributory pensions in the industry
Interest free Season Ticket Loan
Flexible benefits allowance, with the option of spending this on:
Cycle to work scheme
Annual Professional Subscription Paid
Refer a Friend Scheme
And much, much more!
Opportunities like this are rare. Do not miss a chance to put yourself in a place where great things can happen. Get in touch now to let us know that you are interested in making a move.