- People still think of engineering as a profession reserved only for white heterosexual men. But.... The post What is it like being LGBT in the Engineering industry? appeared first on thebigidea.
- We are excited to announce that at an awards ceremony in November,.... The post Arcadis Employee picks up Women of the Future Award appeared first on thebigidea.
- The Environment team in Arcadis had unprecedented success at this year’s Brownfield.... The post Arcadis Environment team receives 3 awards appeared first on thebigidea.
- Emma graduated with a MEng (Hons) Civil & Coastal Engineering from Plymouth.... The post Emma Herbert was selected onto the Women Engineering Society Youth board at Arcadis appeared first on thebigidea.
- In September and October 2016, Paydata collected information on a number of.... The post Paydata UK Reward Management Survey 2016 appeared first on thebigidea.
Project Cost Consultant - Commercial/Retail job in London
Find out what it is like to work at Arcadis
Job Title - Project Cost Consultant - Commercial/Retail
Project Cost Consultant - London
The Exciting Opportunity
If you are a Cost Consultant who wants a career that plays to your strengths, keep reading. Join our London team as a Project Cost Consultant and you will discover a culture focused on helping you flourish as a professional, not on squeezing you into a corporate box. In this role, you will provide Cost and Commercial Management services to high profile private public sector clients. It is intended that the role will offer the opportunity to progress your career as your experience grows
We are seeking to locate a career minded cost consultant to support our Conglomerates and Consumer Goods team in which delivers fit-outs and refurbishments for the UK's major retailers and big-name corporates. For retail clients, it is all about creating consistently branded stores where customers want to shop. For corporate clients, it is about creating workplaces where people are efficient, comfortable and productive.
The team's work spans the project life cycle, through from feasibility assessment right through to store/office opening. Beyond the immediate focus on project delivery, the team also works with clients to refine the processes they use to create the business and workplaces they need.
Overview of Role:
You will be responsible for supporting managers in achieving service excellence and positive outcomes for our clients; showing high levels of technical capability, sound commercial knowledge and a good understanding of the key drivers or cost and value; capturing and sharing knowledge and driving innovation in service. Successful candidates will be presented with a great opportunity for career progression whilst at the same time being exposed to cross sector experience.
This is fast-paced work with projects typically delivered within 6-8 weeks. The projects may be short and fast, but there are lots of them. If you are in the early stages of your career, and particularly if you need a good mix of experience to qualify professionally, this is a great place to get it. Because there is a high volume, you get the opportunity to own projects early on, with plenty of support from highly experienced account directors.
The team is big and busy, working for clients across the UK. That means there are always fresh opportunities, both within the team and within the wider organisation. It could be exactly the right place to take the next
• Provide support to Team Leaders, Service Leaders and Senior Cost Consultants in the delivery of commercial/retail led developments; carry day-to-day delivery responsibility and demonstrate the ability to take on tasks with minimal supervision.
• Assist in the coaching and development of subordinate team members in the delivery of service excellence.
• Deliver all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner.
• Utilise and embed Arcadis best practice tools and processes including the use of technology to support delivery.
• Be able to interpret a brief from a client or senior manager and convert same into a delivery plan.
• Demonstrate the ability to take ownership of small / medium sized projects or significant components of larger Cost Management assignments.
• Understand and comply with business risk and project delivery parameters including compliance in respect scopes of service agreed by others.
• Capture and share knowledge and be involved with the development of service improvement and innovation.
• Be a strong team player but demonstrate the ability to take a leadership role as part of persona development planning.
What You have to Offer:
• Candidate to be able to demonstrate, having taken a substantial role in delivery of medium to large projects (£10m to £100m+) in the Commercial / Retail Sectors.
• Excellent pre and post contract technical cost and commercial management skills
• Articulate in written and oral communication.
• Excellent prioritisation and self-management skills and ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
• An in depth knowledge of different construction processes.
• Strong knowledge and record of accomplishment in the application of IT based solutions.
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate €2.5 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit: www.arcadis.com.
Arcadis UK now incorporates the Hyder and EC Harris brands.
What We Offer:
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
For some levels, PMI and Income Protection is paid for
Highly competitive salary
Annual holiday allowance, plus the option to buy and sell
One of the best contributory pensions in the industry, Pension matched to 8%
Interest free Season Ticket Loan
Flexible Benefits Allowance, with the option of spending this on:
Cycle to work scheme
And Lots more!
Annual Professional Subscription Paid
Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
Long Term Service Awards
Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make