- We are excited to announce that at an awards ceremony in November,.... The post Arcadis Employee picks up Women of the Future Award appeared first on thebigidea.
- The Environment team in Arcadis had unprecedented success at this year’s Brownfield.... The post Arcadis Environment team receives 3 awards appeared first on thebigidea.
- Emma graduated with a MEng (Hons) Civil & Coastal Engineering from Plymouth.... The post Emma Herbert was selected onto the Women Engineering Society Youth board at Arcadis appeared first on thebigidea.
- In September and October 2016, Paydata collected information on a number of.... The post Paydata UK Reward Management Survey 2016 appeared first on thebigidea.
- CMI research shows not enough women are making it to middle management.... The post Middle management lacking women appeared first on thebigidea.
Project Cost Consultant - London job in London
Find out what it is like to work at Arcadis
Job Title - Project Cost Consultant - London
Our Buildings business line works across various clients in the private and public sectors. We are seeking a Cost Consultant at Project level to help develop the success of Regeneration Residential/Mixed use schemes through clear strategy and proactive commitment. You will be responsible for managing the client's expectations in a competitive environment
- Provide support to Team Leaders, Service Leaders and Senior Cost Consultants in the delivery of residential led developments; carry day to day delivery responsibility and demonstrate the ability to take on tasks with minimal supervision.
- Assist in the coaching and development of subordinate team members in the delivery of service excellence.
- Deliver all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner.
- Utilise and embed Arcadis best practice tools and processes including the use of technology to support delivery.
- Be able to interpret a brief from a client or senior manager and convert same into a delivery plan.
- Demonstrate the ability to take ownership of small / medium sized projects or significant components of larger Cost Management assignments.
- Understand and comply with business risk and project delivery parameters including compliance in respect scopes of service agreed by others.
- Capture and share knowledge and be involved with the development of service improvement and innovation as part of the Arcadis way.
- Be a strong team player but demonstrate the ability to take a leadership role as part of personal development planning.
- Represent the company in a professional and diligent manner at all times.
- Effective communication ensuring all information is available for the successful completion of projects
- To liaise with other managers to ensure efficient financial control resulting in projects being cost effective
- Representing the company in a professional and diligent manner, meeting, negotiating and corresponding with clients forming a strong working relationship in true partnership
- To ensure that senior management have quality information on the progress of each project on a regular basis
- Recognised degree in Quantity Surveying/Project Management or relevant discipline.
- An energetic and motivated professional with natural drive and innovative flair
- A tenacious individual who asks questions, listens to answers, defines problems and implements change
- A perceptive individual who, through a natural diplomacy, can influence people in a changing environment
- Commercially aware and financially astute individual who can identify the key issues and set suitable benchmarks
- A clear thinking person demonstrating attention to detail who is well organised and can operate independently under a broad direction
- A team builder who can develop and maintain good relationships and gain the confidence of other professionals both within the Company and outside
- A broad thinker who can take a global view and has an inherent ability to 'get the job done'
- Private practice background
- Competent in Excel and IT
- Ideally up to a year post MRICS but would consider individuals who are due to sit APC
- Candidate to be able to demonstrate, having taken a substantial role in delivery of medium to large projects (£10m to £100m+) in the buildings Sector.
- Excellent pre and post contract technical cost and commercial management skills.
- Articulate in written and oral communication.
- Excellent prioritisation and self-management skills and ability to work in a high pressure environment.
- An in depth knowledge of different construction processes.
- Strong knowledge and track record in the application of IT based solutions.
What We Offer:
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
For some levels, PMI and Income Protection is paid for
Highly competitive salary
Annual holiday allowance, plus the option to buy and sell
One of the best contributory pensions in the industry, Pension matched to 8%
Interest free Season Ticket Loan
Flexible Benefits Allowance, with the option of spending this on:
Cycle to work scheme
And Lots more!
Annual Professional Subscription Paid
Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
Long Term Service Awards
Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make