- We are excited to announce that at an awards ceremony in November,.... The post Arcadis Employee picks up Women of the Future Award appeared first on thebigidea.
- The Environment team in Arcadis had unprecedented success at this year’s Brownfield.... The post Arcadis Environment team receives 3 awards appeared first on thebigidea.
- Emma graduated with a MEng (Hons) Civil & Coastal Engineering from Plymouth.... The post Emma Herbert was selected onto the Women Engineering Society Youth board at Arcadis appeared first on thebigidea.
- In September and October 2016, Paydata collected information on a number of.... The post Paydata UK Reward Management Survey 2016 appeared first on thebigidea.
- CMI research shows not enough women are making it to middle management.... The post Middle management lacking women appeared first on thebigidea.
Project Manager - Residential job in London
Find out what it is like to work at Arcadis
Job Title - Project Manager - Residential
The Exciting Opportunity
If you are a Project Manager who wants a career that plays to your strengths, keep reading. Join our London team as a Project Manager and you will discover a culture focused on helping you flourish as a professional, not on squeezing you into a corporate box. In this role, you will provide Project and Programme Management services to high profile private sector clients. It is intended that the role will offer the opportunity to progress your career as your experience grows
We are seeking to locate a career minded project managers to support our Residential sector. Arcadis is the leading consultant in London's prime and super-prime market, has a strong profile in the residential sector, and advises social property owners and local authorities as they become increasingly involved in meeting housing demand. The team's work extends from asset planning - defining the business/investment case, setting up the governance structure for delivery, managing design - through to asset delivery - taking schemes out to market, advising on procurement and managing delivery.
Overview of Role:
You will be responsible for supporting managers in achieving service excellence and positive outcomes for our clients; showing high levels of technical capability, sound commercial knowledge and a good understanding of the key drivers or cost and value; capturing and sharing knowledge and driving innovation in service. You will be presented with a great opportunity for career progression whilst at the same time being exposed to cross sector experience.
Join the team and you'll work alongside professionals from a mix of backgrounds, including design, architecture, town planning and construction, all committed to delivering for clients. You'll be given roles that let your play to your strengths and will get the support you need to flourish professionally along with working on leading commissions.
• Draft Project Execution Plans to deliver outputs
• Manage design teams in the development of design solutions
• Undertake contact administration
• Development of project documentation, programmes, master budget etc.
• Maintain a robust document management system
• Produce reports to suit relevant stages of the projects
• Comply with Arcadis governance
• Deliver projects with the framework of risk, sustainability and environmental considerations agreed at the business case/client brief stage, while maintaining focus on time, cost and quality.
• Stakeholder mapping and management
• Monitor and report on the contractors progress against the contract programme
• Manage consultant teams to ensure that the contractor's design complies with the contract
• Manage consultant teams to ensure that the built product is compliant with the contract.
• Utilise Sector specific market, client and Built Asset know how (Insight).
What You have to Offer:
• Demonstrable track record of delivering Residential projects
• Professional qualification of appropriate level
• Ability to interface with clients, demonstrable track record of doing so
• Ability to lead/work in multidisciplinary teams
• Ability to articulate current issues specific to the Residential market
• High quality oral and written communications (reports, instructions etc.)
• Good people management and leadership skills
• Experience of producing reports on a monthly basis relating to project deliverables
• Experience of sustaining client relationships
• Pro-active approach - able to identify areas of need and to manage outputs
• Good organisational skills and attention to detail
• A flexible attitude - able to respond to the needs of the business
• Ideally experience to include some of - interpretation of contracts, design and implementation of change management, resolution of contractual disputes, design and implementation of project controls, contract correspondence and financial close out of contracts.
• Good knowledge and use of document management systems to aid efficient service delivery.
• Experience of programme analysis, interrogation, interpretation and client reporting.
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate €2.5 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit: www.arcadis.com.
Arcadis UK now incorporates the Hyder and EC Harris brands.
What We Offer:
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
For some levels, PMI and Income Protection is paid for
Highly competitive salary
Annual holiday allowance, plus the option to buy and sell
One of the best contributory pensions in the industry, Pension matched to 8%
Interest free Season Ticket Loan
Flexible Benefits Allowance, with the option of spending this on:
Cycle to work scheme
And Lots more!
Annual Professional Subscription Paid
Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
Long Term Service Awards
Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make