- We are excited to announce that at an awards ceremony in November,.... The post Arcadis Employee picks up Women of the Future Award appeared first on thebigidea.
- The Environment team in Arcadis had unprecedented success at this year’s Brownfield.... The post Arcadis Environment team receives 3 awards appeared first on thebigidea.
- Emma graduated with a MEng (Hons) Civil & Coastal Engineering from Plymouth.... The post Emma Herbert was selected onto the Women Engineering Society Youth board at Arcadis appeared first on thebigidea.
- In September and October 2016, Paydata collected information on a number of.... The post Paydata UK Reward Management Survey 2016 appeared first on thebigidea.
- CMI research shows not enough women are making it to middle management.... The post Middle management lacking women appeared first on thebigidea.
Senior/Principal E&P Design Engineer - London job in London
Find out what it is like to work at Arcadis
Job Title - Senior/Principal E&P Design Engineer - London
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate €2.5 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit: www.arcadis.com.
We are now looking to recruit a high calibre Senior Engineer - E&P who has a proven track record in the control and delivery of a range of multi-disciplinary Rail schemes throughout the UK.
Please note that Arcadis adhere to the rail industries Drug and Alcohol policies and you may be tested randomly for Drugs and Alcohol at any time during your employment.
To be considered for a role we are seeking candidates with the following credentials:
- Ideally Electrical or related Degree
- Ideally Chartered membership of appropriate professional institution
- Project Management qualifications (ideally IPMA Level C such as APM Practitioner) would be an advantage
- UK Railway experience with an in-depth knowledge of Network Rail's Grip Processes and Procedures
- Major project management experience on Electrification projects,
- Demonstrate considerable experience to competent Designer, Checker and CRE level in DC traction renewals and LV Signalling power, Point heating, Junction lighting and DNO supplies.
- Good understanding of the BS7671
- Excellent Commercial and Programming skills
- Proven track record in complex change control
- Proven ability in team leading / management
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build professional and long standing relationships with Clients and other Stakeholders
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Line Manager, you will provide project management leadership for the assigned project(s) ensuring successful delivery of technically challenging Rail schemes.
You will be responsible to lead and manage the delivery of all tasking's under the project to meet time, quality, budgetary and health and safety targets, managing all aspects of the client relationship so that delivery exceeds client expectations, taking a leadership role with the project team, providing both direction and technical advice and leading by example where appropriate and to promote both the regional and global culture of the business
We will ensure that we offer personal development which will allow you to progress your career and offer you the opportunity to be mentored by industry wide recognised Technical Leaders in their field who will lend you their experience and ensure that the training you receive will give you the best possible chance of success.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure all project elements are delivered safely, on time, to the appropriate quality and within budget.
- Providing sound and effective leadership to the team, providing direction and technical advice, leading by example to achieve company goals and championing a quality culture
- Communicating with team members to ensure that they understand and become engaged with the project strategy, brief and client requirements
- Developing and managing the Project Programme and obtaining the buy-in of all stakeholders
- Ensuring that effective financial and project management controls are in place and deployed to enable monitoring, modification and forecasting as appropriate
- Continually looking to enhance productivity through improved processes, procedures and systems
- Managing the commercial aspects of the project (contract, invoicing, debt, client management)
- Communicating effectively with all stakeholders to ensure that all parties are kept informed on all relevant matters impacting and influencing projects
- Managing the acquisition, deployment and management of resources for the project to ensure optimal resource allocation for the project
- Directing the assessment, selection and management of suppliers, sub-consultants and contractors associated with projects
- Driving project performance, service delivery and technical and commercial outcomes and undertaking reviews, ensuring client delivery is above expectation
- Ensuring that completed engineering and documentation work is reviewed for technical, Arcadis and client compliance
- Ensuring risks are proactively identified, assessed and managed to avoid adverse impacts on the project
- Working to ensure maximum client satisfaction, championing client care and proactively working with the client
- Reviewing the performance of team members and developing them to their full potential
What Do We Offer?
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.