- We are excited to announce that at an awards ceremony in November,.... The post Arcadis Employee picks up Women of the Future Award appeared first on thebigidea.
- The Environment team in Arcadis had unprecedented success at this year’s Brownfield.... The post Arcadis Environment team receives 3 awards appeared first on thebigidea.
- Emma graduated with a MEng (Hons) Civil & Coastal Engineering from Plymouth.... The post Emma Herbert was selected onto the Women Engineering Society Youth board at Arcadis appeared first on thebigidea.
- In September and October 2016, Paydata collected information on a number of.... The post Paydata UK Reward Management Survey 2016 appeared first on thebigidea.
- CMI research shows not enough women are making it to middle management.... The post Middle management lacking women appeared first on thebigidea.
Principal - Senior Structural Engineer - Cardiff or Bristol job
Find out what it is like to work at Arcadis
Job Title - Principal - Senior Structural Engineer - Cardiff or Bristol
Principal / Senior Structural Engineers - Rail
Bristol or Cardiff
Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets. We are 27,000 people active in over 70 countries that generate €3.4 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
Representing approximately 16% of our global business, the railway sector is one of Arcadis core markets, a position it has held throughout our 150-year history. We have an enviable reputation for delivery of some of the UK's, and indeed the World's, most prestigious and challenging schemes.
Our UK Rail Team continues to add to their impressive list of project awards and recent successes have seen them secure some of the UK's most high profile, complex and stimulating projects to complement their existing portfolio of works. The new schemes are diverse and technically complicated and include Waterloo Station Regeneration, Crossrail, and Valley Lines Electrification.
Because of this continuing success, we are now keen to significantly grow our Rail Teams in Wales and the South West. As part of this growth plan, we currently have opportunities for talented Senior and Principal Structural Engineers to join the team in Cardiff or Bristol. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic and successful team that is growing rapidly. Successful candidates will be rewarded with a rich diet of interesting and challenging rail projects, and an opportunity to develop their careers with a growing and successful global engineering consultancy.
These roles are ideally suited to career minded and technically advanced Structural Engineers. To be considered for a role, you will need to demonstrate the following credentials:
- Degree qualified in an engineering discipline
- Strong structural design experience within rail with structures such as platforms, stations and bridges to name but a few
- Considerable post-graduate experience in the rail industry, including supervising aspects of a project of significant scale
- Experience of working on projects in a professional services environment
- The ability to think in an innovative and entrepreneurial manner with good understanding of commercial aspects of a project
- A passion for engineering excellence, and a desire to embrace new and innovative thinking
- Good motivation, influencing, people management and delegation skills
- Outstanding communication skills and demonstrable presentation skills
- Chartered Engineer status
- Flexibility to travel throughout the UK and abroad when required
Reporting to the Technical Director, you will provide technical support into a variety of projects within the rail environment. As we operate in such a diverse marketplace, you will gain an experience of working on a wide and varied portfolio of projects which will enhance your skills and test your technical knowledge.
You will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of project-related tasks to meet budget, time-frame and quality targets, meeting or exceeding client expectations, promoting and marketing all facets of Arcadis services during interfaces with clients and other sectors and disciplines, contributing towards the achievement of the divisional business plan and to build networks within the industry.
We will ensure that we offer personal development which will allow you to progress your career and offer you the opportunity to be mentored by industry recognized Technical Leaders in their field who will lend you their experience and ensure that the training you receive will give you the best possible chance of success.
What do we offer?
We offer a dynamic challenging job with an international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business, a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
- Pension matched to 8%
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Annual Leave
- Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid
- Tax Free Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Additional Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Childcare Vouchers
- Tax Free Share Purchase Scheme
- Long Term Service Awards
- Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make
A waiting period applies to some benefits