- People still think of engineering as a profession reserved only for white heterosexual men. But.... The post What is it like being LGBT in the Engineering industry? appeared first on thebigidea.
- We are excited to announce that at an awards ceremony in November,.... The post Arcadis Employee picks up Women of the Future Award appeared first on thebigidea.
- The Environment team in Arcadis had unprecedented success at this year’s Brownfield.... The post Arcadis Environment team receives 3 awards appeared first on thebigidea.
- Emma graduated with a MEng (Hons) Civil & Coastal Engineering from Plymouth.... The post Emma Herbert was selected onto the Women Engineering Society Youth board at Arcadis appeared first on thebigidea.
- In September and October 2016, Paydata collected information on a number of.... The post Paydata UK Reward Management Survey 2016 appeared first on thebigidea.
Associate Technical Director - OLE - Glasgow job in Glasgow
Find out what it is like to work at Arcadis
Job Title - Associate Technical Director - OLE - Glasgow
Owing to the recent opening of our East Kilbride office that will serve the Northern Rail market we are looking for an Associate Technical Director - OLE who has a proven track record in the control and delivery of a range of multi-disciplinary Rail schemes throughout the UK. We are looking for someone who can demonstrate they are a leading figure in Electrification and help strengthen our capability in Scotland.
Please note that Arcadis adhere to the rail industries Drug and Alcohol policies and you may be tested randomly for Drugs and Alcohol at any time during your employment.
To be considered for a role we are seeking candidates with the following credentials:
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- Degree qualified in Electrical engineering or equivalent;
- Chartered engineer (CEng)
- A chartered engineer with significant knowledge and experience of railway electrification, including traction power, with the ability to apply technical knowledge in analysing problems and creating solutions, demonstrating attention to detail and the ability to make correct judgements
- Systems engineer - understand systems engineering principles and how electrification forms part of the overall railway system
- Innovation - has vision and is able to identify opportunities for innovation within the UK rail electrification environment
- Relationship building - a skilled and confident networker with the ability to build relationships and develop opportunities internally and externally
- Influencing skills - able to influence across business areas
- Proven project management experience with the ability to win work and deliver improvement in capability through the deployment of new tools and techniques
- C ommercial mind-set - able to identify suitable opportunities for the business to market their technical area - e.g. attending and presenting at conferences, partaking in technical committees etc.
- Leadership - able to develop the electrification community across the business, driving best practice and understanding skills needs, with the ability to build trust and inspire and motivate people to work together as a wider team to deliver business opportunities
- Management - able to mentor, coach and develop people to meet their full potential
- Motivation - is driven and self-motivated to work with limited supervision
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Technical Director, you will control the production and output of detailed Overhead Line / OLE designs within the rail sector. You will provide technical leadership, work in collaboration with other disciplines and interface with the client and other stakeholders on a regular basis.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Providing technical support to multi-disciplinary and electrification projects
- Undertaking project technical reviews
- Preparing technical proposals and specifications
- Writing reports
- Engaging with clients at all levels
- Ability to review staff competency against their role and assist with their development
- Undertaking design and site safety reviews
- Providing strategic input into the development of the business's technical capability
- Developing technical competence systems and growing the team in Scotland and in the Middle East & India
- Co-ordinating the development of initiatives and innovations, including development of business cases where investment is required
What Do We Offer?
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.