- People still think of engineering as a profession reserved only for white heterosexual men. But.... The post What is it like being LGBT in the Engineering industry? appeared first on thebigidea.
- We are excited to announce that at an awards ceremony in November,.... The post Arcadis Employee picks up Women of the Future Award appeared first on thebigidea.
- The Environment team in Arcadis had unprecedented success at this year’s Brownfield.... The post Arcadis Environment team receives 3 awards appeared first on thebigidea.
- Emma graduated with a MEng (Hons) Civil & Coastal Engineering from Plymouth.... The post Emma Herbert was selected onto the Women Engineering Society Youth board at Arcadis appeared first on thebigidea.
- In September and October 2016, Paydata collected information on a number of.... The post Paydata UK Reward Management Survey 2016 appeared first on thebigidea.
Principal Civil Engineer - Warrington job in Warrington
Find out what it is like to work at Arcadis
Job Title - Principal Civil Engineer - Warrington
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate €2.5 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit: www.arcadis.com.
We are now looking to recruit a high calibre Principal Civil Engineer to be based out of our Warrington office to assist in the building and development of a focussed team to be engaged upon a wide portfolio of projects to include Crossrail Western Stations, Platform extension work, DDA work and new station foot bridges.
- Experience of acting as Civils CRE on rail projects with a bias/focus on station buildings, footbridges and platforms
- Considerable post-graduate experience, including supervising aspects of a project of significant scale, application of standards
- Good motivation, influencing, people management and delegation skills
- Ability to think in an innovative and entrepreneurial manner with good understanding of commercial aspects of a project
- Outstanding communication skills and demonstrable presentation skills
- You will be passionate about engineering excellence and demonstrate a track record of mentoring graduates
- You will possess a desire to grasp new business opportunities, such as BIM, and utilise modern computer techniques in your day-to-day work
- Experience of delivering Design and Build projects is essential
- Rail experience for this role is essential with a bias/ focus on rail bridge design
- Steel design experience is essential
- Network Rail project experience would be highly beneficial
- Hands-on design experience and use of industry software
Academic Qualifications & Personal Characteristics:
- Relevant engineering Civil or Structural Engineering degree in or related engineering background preferred
- Chartered Engineer (MICE or MIStructE)
- Post-graduate qualifications an advantage
- Experience of acting as Civils CRE on rail projects
- Experience in team leading and developing a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of BIM is an advantage
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Technical Director, you will provide technical support into assigned projects ensuring successful delivery of station Civil / Structural designs within a rail environment, assuming the role and responsibilities of a CRE as required. As we operate in such a diverse marketplace, you will gain an experience of working on a wide and varied portfolio of projects which will enhance your skills and test your technical knowledge.
You will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of project-related tasks to meet budget, time-frame and quality targets, meeting or exceeding client expectations, promoting and marketing all facets of Arcadis's services during interfaces with clients and other sectors and disciplines, contributing towards the achievement of the divisional business plan and to build networks within the industry.
We will ensure that we offer personal development which will allow you to progress your career and offer you the opportunity to be mentored by industry recognised Technical Leaders in their field who will lend you their experience and ensure that the training you receive will give you the best possible chance of success.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Providing input into the sector strategy/ business plans, as required, and contributing towards its achievement
- Communicating with team members to ensure that they understand, and become engaged with, sector/discipline business plans
- Proactively managing selected projects (or components of projects), taking responsibility for resource allocation, managing subcontractors, managing the production of analysis and design (including drawings and reports), ensuring the integrity of the overall design (in collaboration with other design disciplines), quality assurance and client feedback
- Liaising with the Project Manager or Director and the client to keep informed of all developments, changes/modifications associated with the project
- Identifying opportunities and driving implementation of re-engineering strategies to maximise the profitability of design components
- Gaining a good understanding of the background of the client's business and industry to facilitate building effective and enduring relationships and consolidating both company and personal credibility in the industry
- Providing leadership, direction and technical advice to project team members, taking a proactive role in developing team members to their full potential, leading by example to achieve sector/divisional goals and championing a quality, innovative and entrepreneurial culture
- Being familiar with, and compliant with, relevant H & S regulations and to promote a culture of awareness within the team
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your manager or Arcadis
What Do We Offer?
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.