- We are excited to announce that at an awards ceremony in November,.... The post Arcadis Employee picks up Women of the Future Award appeared first on thebigidea.
- The Environment team in Arcadis had unprecedented success at this year’s Brownfield.... The post Arcadis Environment team receives 3 awards appeared first on thebigidea.
- Emma graduated with a MEng (Hons) Civil & Coastal Engineering from Plymouth.... The post Emma Herbert was selected onto the Women Engineering Society Youth board at Arcadis appeared first on thebigidea.
- In September and October 2016, Paydata collected information on a number of.... The post Paydata UK Reward Management Survey 2016 appeared first on thebigidea.
- CMI research shows not enough women are making it to middle management.... The post Middle management lacking women appeared first on thebigidea.
Senior Structural Engineer - Rail Property - Birmingham job in Birmingham
Find out what it is like to work at Arcadis
Job Title - Senior Structural Engineer - Rail Property - Birmingham
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate €2.5 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit: www.arcadis.com .
We are currently seeking a Senior Structural Engineer, to take on a key role within our Rail team in delivering design work, technical advice and leading small teams of graduates and technicians where appropriate. To manage projects (or components of projects) meeting budgetary, quality, safety and timeframe targets, while exceeding client expectations.
Please note that Arcadis adhere to the rail industries Drug and Alcohol policies and you may be tested randomly for Drugs and Alcohol at any time during your employment
To be considered for a role we are seeking candidates with the following credentials:
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- Relevant engineering Civil or Structural Engineering degree in or related engineering background preferred
- Chartered Engineer (MICE or MIStructE)
- Post-graduate qualifications an advantage
- Considerable post-graduate experience, including delivering aspects of a project of significant scale, application of standards
- Rail experience for this role is essential with a bias/ focus on rail stations / platforms/ footbridge design
- Experience of delivering Design and Build projects is desirable
- Steel design experience is essential
- Experience in team leading coupled with good motivation, influencing, people management and delegation skills
- Ability to think in an innovative and entrepreneurial manner with good understanding of commercial aspects of a project
- Outstanding communication skills and demonstrable presentation skills
- You will be passionate about engineering excellence and demonstrate a track record of mentoring graduates
- You will possess a desire to grasp new business opportunities, such as BIM, and utilise modern computer techniques in your day-to-day work
- Hands-on design experience and use of industry software
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Team Leader within the Rail Stations Design Team, you will provide technical support into assigned projects ensuring successful delivery of Structural designs within a rail environment. As we operate in such a diverse marketplace, you will gain an experience of working on a wide and varied portfolio of projects which will enhance your skills and test your technical knowledge.
You will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of project-related tasks to meet budget, time-frame and quality targets, meeting or exceeding client expectations, promoting and marketing all facets of Arcadis's services during interfaces with clients and other sectors and disciplines, contributing towards the achievement of the divisional business plan and to build networks within the industry.
We will ensure that we offer personal development which will allow you to progress your career and offer you the opportunity to be mentored by industry recognised Technical Leaders in their field who will lend you their experience and ensure that the training you receive will give you the best possible chance of success.
We will be looking for the candidate to develop into the role and responsibilities of a CRE as part of their development with Arcadis.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Proactively managing selected projects (or components of projects), taking responsibility for resource allocation, managing subcontractors, managing the production of analysis and design (including drawings and reports), ensuring the integrity of the overall design (in collaboration with other design disciplines), quality assurance and client feedback
- Liaising with the Project Manager or Director and the client to keep informed of all developments, changes/modifications associated with the project
- Identifying opportunities and driving implementation of re-engineering strategies to maximise the profitability of design components
- Gaining a good understanding of the background of the client's business and industry to facilitate building effective and enduring relationships and consolidating both company and personal credibility in the industry
- Providing direction and technical advice to project team members, taking a proactive role in developing team members to their full potential,
- Being familiar with, and compliant with, relevant H & S regulations and to promote a culture of awareness within the team
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your manager or Arcadis
What Do We Offer?
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.