- We are excited to announce that at an awards ceremony in November,.... The post Arcadis Employee picks up Women of the Future Award appeared first on thebigidea.
- The Environment team in Arcadis had unprecedented success at this year’s Brownfield.... The post Arcadis Environment team receives 3 awards appeared first on thebigidea.
- Emma graduated with a MEng (Hons) Civil & Coastal Engineering from Plymouth.... The post Emma Herbert was selected onto the Women Engineering Society Youth board at Arcadis appeared first on thebigidea.
- In September and October 2016, Paydata collected information on a number of.... The post Paydata UK Reward Management Survey 2016 appeared first on thebigidea.
- CMI research shows not enough women are making it to middle management.... The post Middle management lacking women appeared first on thebigidea.
Associate Technical Director - OLE - York job in York
Find out what it is like to work at Arcadis
Job Title - Associate Technical Director - OLE - York
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate €2.5 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit: www.arcadis.com.
Owing to the recent expansion of our overhead line design function, we are looking for an Associate Director, to be based from our York office, who has a proven track record in the design and control of OLE schemes and team mentoring and development.
Please note that Arcadis adhere to the rail industries Drug and Alcohol policies and you may be tested randomly for Drugs and Alcohol at any time during your employment.
To be considered for a role we are seeking candidates with the following credentials:
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- Degree or HNC/HND qualified in Mechanical Engineering
- Preferably a Chartered Engineer or near Chartered Engineer although this is not a pre-requisite
- Previous OLE design experience within the rail sector
- Experience of OLE Design and Construction related activities essential
- Ability to mentor, train and develop a team of OLE Design Engineers
- Familiar with Isolation/section diagrams and an understanding of Bonding and OLE installation techniques
- Knowledge of Network Rail OLEMI range of equipment i.e. Mk3B, ATF, UK1, Series 2, Series 1 etc.
- Being familiar with, and compliant with, relevant H & S regulations and to promote a culture of awareness within the team
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to maximize new business opportunities
- Strong commercial / financial and technical skills
- Previous Microstation experience an advantage
- Understanding of Network Rail GRIP process an advantage
- Knowledge of 750v dc and 1500v dc OLE systems an advantage
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Associate Business Director, you will control the production and output of detailed Overhead Line / OLE designs within the rail sector. You will provide technical advice and support to project teams, work in collaboration with other disciplines and interface with the client and other stakeholders on a regular basis.
Reporting to the Associate Business Director you will take a key role in projects within the OLE sector, providing technical advice and overview as required, provide technical input into the bidding process and build a professional profile and reputation, for self and for Arcadis, within the industry at a local and national level. You will also be required manage the delivery of specialised components of projects, take an active part in Professional Excellence Groups (PEGs), assist in the technical development of staff, coaching and mentoring on technical issues and assisting with chartered institution membership.
The role will also see you establish and consolidate relationships with clients, both during and after project completion, use technical knowledge to identify and realise new client opportunities, manage technical resources to deliver projects efficiently and effectively and to identify key positions and work with the Rail Management Team to grow the business in London and the wider UK.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Keeping up to date with technical and legislative developments and seek opportunities to develop professional profile such as giving presentations to relevant conferences/meetings/professional bodies and participation in technical committees for trade organisations and standards
- Building effective and enduring relationships with other Arcadis offices and external organisations to foster co-operation and maximise cross-sell and trade-up opportunities in relevant specialist field
- Establishing an understanding of client businesses, their drivers and competitors
- Providing technical expertise and overview to client and stakeholders and assisting clients through technical decision-making and provide alternatives options/solutions if there are changes to project objectives
- Providing reassurance, confidence and a sense of direction to both client and project team members
- Assisting in the development of Arcadis's talent through coaching and mentoring and through the PEGs
- Ensuring awareness of health and safety in all aspects of design and operations
- Using understanding of the technical challenges and client business to form the most effective team
- Working with client and stakeholders to ensure clear understanding of project objectives and to set protocols for working together
- Communicating with team members to ensure that they understand, and become engaged with, the project strategy, brief and client requirements
- Seeking and documenting regular feedback from clients on the quality of Arcadis performance, technical solutions and delivery and advise on the appropriate mitigation as required
- Implementing innovation in technical issues, problem solving and the culture of the team, leading by example
- Undertaking technical reviews for projects
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your manager or Arcadis
What Do We Offer?
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.