- We are excited to announce that at an awards ceremony in November,.... The post Arcadis Employee picks up Women of the Future Award appeared first on thebigidea.
- The Environment team in Arcadis had unprecedented success at this year’s Brownfield.... The post Arcadis Environment team receives 3 awards appeared first on thebigidea.
- Emma graduated with a MEng (Hons) Civil & Coastal Engineering from Plymouth.... The post Emma Herbert was selected onto the Women Engineering Society Youth board at Arcadis appeared first on thebigidea.
- In September and October 2016, Paydata collected information on a number of.... The post Paydata UK Reward Management Survey 2016 appeared first on thebigidea.
- CMI research shows not enough women are making it to middle management.... The post Middle management lacking women appeared first on thebigidea.
Principal Ecologist - Warrington job in Warrington
Find out what it is like to work at Arcadis
Job Title - Principal Ecologist - Warrington
Principal Ecologist - Warrington
We have over 20 years of experience undertaking ecological surveys and assessments, as well as the provision of advice on soil, land use, hydrological and sustainable drainage issues, arboriculture and cultural heritage. During this time, we have undertaken over 2000 projects covering a wide range of environmental disciplines throughout the UK, in Europe and beyond, for public and private clients.
Presently, we are engaged on a variety of large and interesting projects, including Highway and Rail Schemes, Power Stations, Electrical and Gas Infrastructure, and Residential Developments, and are working for a wide selection of clients based throughout the UK, including the EDF Energy, National Grid, the Environment Agency, Transport for London, Network Rail, Wrap, The Canals and Rivers Trust and Housing Associations.
Owing to our continued success, we are now looking to recruit a high calibre Principal Ecologist with proven consultancy experience to work within our Environment team based in Warrington. You will be engaged upon an extensive portfolio of ecology schemes for construction and development projects, ensuring we meet the demanding workload.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- You will hold a relevant Degree, ideally with a further education qualification
- Full member of CIEEM
- Chartered Environmentalist/Ecologist (or demonstrably approaching Chartered Ecologist)
- Detailed knowledge of ecological principles, relevant wildlife legislation and ecological impact assessment (EcIA)
- In-depth knowledge of particular plant or animal groups and appropriate field survey skills
- Excellent commercial and project management skills
- Proven track record in writing ecological appraisals, EcIAs and Ecology Chapters for Environmental Statements
- Proven track record in writing project and plan-level HRA
- Ability to lead and grow a team
- Ideally hold Survey and/or Development Licences
Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Team Leader, you will be accountable for the quality control, coordination and completion of assigned tasks and projects within the Business Unit or project team. As we operate in such a diverse marketplace, we can safely say that you will gain experience of working on a wide and varied portfolio of projects which will enhance your skills and test your technical knowledge.
You will be responsible for leading and managing the delivery of projects to meet time, budgetary and SHEQ targets, managing the ecological aspects of the client relationship so that delivery exceeds client expectations. You will take a leadership role on projects and within the team, providing both direction and technical advice and leading by example.
We will ensure that we offer personal development which will allow you to progress your career and offer you the opportunity to be mentored by industry-recognised Technical Leaders in their field who will lend you their experience and ensure that the training you receive will give you the best possible chance of success.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Manage projects (particularly budgets and cashflow), attend meetings, provide advice to clients and manage bid production
- Have responsibility for technical quality / approval of project deliverables
- Undertake ecological surveys, oversee/undertake the analysis of results of field surveys, and manage the production of reports, impact assessments, biodiversity strategies and other documents
- Provide advice on ecological issues, both at an in-depth level within own area of expertise but also on a broad range of issues
- Compile licence applications, including developing mitigation and monitoring
- Undertake/supervise mitigation and monitoring of licensed work and liaise with statutory authorities
- Undertake performance management of assigned team members and provide training at staff meetings and to smaller groups of staff
- Design research projects and contribute to the development of best practice with respect to training and survey standards, as appropriate
- Manage budgets and the production of bids.
Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets . Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets. We are 27,000 people active in over 70 countries that generate €3.4 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
Arcadis UK now incorporates the Hyder and EC Harris brands.
What we offer
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
- Highly competitive salary
- Pension matched to 8%
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Annual Leave, with option to purchase additional days
- Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid
- Tax Free Season Ticket Loan
- Flexible Benefits Scheme, including Cycle to Work and Childcare Vouchers
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make
A waiting period applies to some benefits
Opportunities like this are rare. Don't miss out on a chance to put yourself in a place where great things can happen. Get in touch now to let us know that you're interested in making a move.