- People still think of engineering as a profession reserved only for white heterosexual men. But.... The post What is it like being LGBT in the Engineering industry? appeared first on thebigidea.
- We are excited to announce that at an awards ceremony in November,.... The post Arcadis Employee picks up Women of the Future Award appeared first on thebigidea.
- The Environment team in Arcadis had unprecedented success at this year’s Brownfield.... The post Arcadis Environment team receives 3 awards appeared first on thebigidea.
- Emma graduated with a MEng (Hons) Civil & Coastal Engineering from Plymouth.... The post Emma Herbert was selected onto the Women Engineering Society Youth board at Arcadis appeared first on thebigidea.
- In September and October 2016, Paydata collected information on a number of.... The post Paydata UK Reward Management Survey 2016 appeared first on thebigidea.
Principal Infrastructure Engineer - London job in London
Find out what it is like to work at Arcadis
Job Title - Principal Infrastructure Engineer - London
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate €2.5 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit: www.arcadis.com.
We are striving to attract career minded, technically advanced and commercially aware Principal Engineer to our existing high calibre team.
To be considered for a role we are seeking candidates with the following credentials:
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- Degree Qualified and Chartered Engineer (M.I.C.E. or M.IStructE). Consideration will be given to candidates nearing Chartered Engineering status.
- Land development infrastructure background (surface water, foul water drainage, highway and utility design)
- Expert use of Windes and Civils 3D
- Flexibility to travel throughout the UK and abroad when required.
- Client facing and ability to develop contacts and relationships.
- Previous experience in the control and supervision of aspects of a project, applying standards with the ability to resolve technical issues.
- Some exposure to managing commercial aspects
- Excellent motivator with the ability to influence and manage people and situations effectively.
- You will have the ability to think in an innovative and entrepreneurial manner to deliver the very best solutions to our clients.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director/ Associate Director/ Manager, you will hold a key role within the Land Development and Building Structures team, providing expert technical advice and leading by example through the successful delivery of infrastructure, highways and drainage projects.
You will be accountable for taking a leading role in the delivery of surface water, foul water and highway design to meet the client's requirements and to meet adoptable standards, taking responsibility for technical output. You will lead / support the management of projects including resource allocation, managing subcontractors, quality assurance and client feedback and ensuring effective communication of any changes/modifications
You will work in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design, providing both leadership and technical advice to project team members on the use of Windes and Civils 3D. You will also mentor and develop team members to enable them to achieve their full potential.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Delivery of allocated technical assignments, work elements and work packages and other design activities
- Undertaking technical tasks in accordance with the Company's quality, safety and project management/engineering procedures and controls
- Provision of design inputs, within own area of experience/knowledge, across aspects of the Company's activities and commissions
- Checking / vetting all designs before issue
- Undertaking consultancy assignments and providing advisory support to Clients and contribute to formulation of design concepts and approaches
- Maintain good relationships with Client's key representatives and contribute to the marketing/networking.
- Inputs to the formulation of technical proposals and their presentation to potential Clients
- Specific allocated responsibilities and duties commensurate with individual experience and developmental needs.
- Design management, team leadership / mentoring and client relationship skills
- Carry out any other tasks as directed by your Line Manager
What Do We Offer?
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
IT & Internet