- We are excited to announce that at an awards ceremony in November,.... The post Arcadis Employee picks up Women of the Future Award appeared first on thebigidea.
- The Environment team in Arcadis had unprecedented success at this year’s Brownfield.... The post Arcadis Environment team receives 3 awards appeared first on thebigidea.
- Emma graduated with a MEng (Hons) Civil & Coastal Engineering from Plymouth.... The post Emma Herbert was selected onto the Women Engineering Society Youth board at Arcadis appeared first on thebigidea.
- In September and October 2016, Paydata collected information on a number of.... The post Paydata UK Reward Management Survey 2016 appeared first on thebigidea.
- CMI research shows not enough women are making it to middle management.... The post Middle management lacking women appeared first on thebigidea.
Assistant Quantity Surveyor - York job in York
Find out what it is like to work at Arcadis
Job Title - Assistant Quantity Surveyor - York
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate €2.5 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit: www.arcadis.com.
The railway sector is one of Arcadis core markets and we pride ourselves on delivering new and exciting resolutions for rail infrastructure schemes.
Our Rail Team continues to add to their impressive list of project awards and recent successes have seen them secure some of the UK's most high profile, complex and stimulating projects including Crossrail, London Bridge Station, Manchester Victoria Station and Bank Station Regeneration schemes.
We have also built an enviable reputation in the delivery, working for and alongside some of the industry's best known and respected companies including Network Rail, Transport for London and Train Operating Companies throughout the UK, designing and engineering complex technical solutions to meet / exceed our client's needs.
Owing to recent contract awards, we are now looking to recruit high a calibre Assistant Quantity Surveyor to work in our UK Rail design team in York on a wide portfolio of schemes throughout the UK and ensure we meet the demanding workload.
We are striving to attract career minded and focussed Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join our existing high calibre professional services team.
Please note that Arcadis adhere to the rail industries Drug and Alcohol policies and you may be tested randomly for Drugs and Alcohol at any time during your employment
To be considered for a role we are seeking candidates with the following credentials:
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- Degree in Quantity Surveying Degree or similar
- Professional services background
- Prior project experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think in an innovative and entrepreneurial manner
- Ability to work as part of a team and work to deadlines
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Office applications
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for providing proactive support for the continued improvement in contractual and commercial awareness of the business, working towards the integration of contract and commercial skills to enhance Arcadis performance in wining and executing projects, contribute towards the achievement of the divisional business plan and build networks within the industry.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Providing input as required during the negotiation stage of selected tenders by vetting or participation
- Managing the commercial and contractual aspects of projects during their execution
- Taking responsibility for meeting program, cost and quality targets
- Leading the design team on multi-disciplinary projects
- Ensuring compliance with relevant company systems throughout the bidding and project execution process
- Liaising with Group Legal department over contractual and legal aspects of proposals
- Providing support to Project Managers with a view to bringing about timely and commercially acceptable resolutions to claims or mitigation of potential claims
- Providing support in resolution of project related claims
- Attending Project Reviews as required, providing specialist contractual advice and direction
- Participating in the design and delivery of training workshops
- Being familiar with, and compliant with, relevant H & S regulations and promoting a culture of awareness within the team
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your manager
What Do We Offer?
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.