- We are excited to announce that at an awards ceremony in November,.... The post Arcadis Employee picks up Women of the Future Award appeared first on thebigidea.
- The Environment team in Arcadis had unprecedented success at this year’s Brownfield.... The post Arcadis Environment team receives 3 awards appeared first on thebigidea.
- Emma graduated with a MEng (Hons) Civil & Coastal Engineering from Plymouth.... The post Emma Herbert was selected onto the Women Engineering Society Youth board at Arcadis appeared first on thebigidea.
- In September and October 2016, Paydata collected information on a number of.... The post Paydata UK Reward Management Survey 2016 appeared first on thebigidea.
- CMI research shows not enough women are making it to middle management.... The post Middle management lacking women appeared first on thebigidea.
Project Controls Assistant - York job in York
Find out what it is like to work at Arcadis
Job Title - Project Controls Assistant - York
The railway sector is one of Arcadis' core markets, a position it has held throughout our 150 year history, and we pride ourselves on delivering new and exciting resolutions for rail infrastructure schemes.
Our Rail Team continues to add to their impressive list of project awards and recent successes have seen them secure some of the UK's most high profile, complex and stimulating projects including Crossrail, London Bridge Station and Manchester Victoria Station Regeneration schemes.
We have also built an enviable reputation in the delivery, working for and alongside some of the industry's best known and respected companies including Network Rail, Transport for London and Train Operating Companies throughout the UK, designing and engineering complex technical solutions to meet / exceed our client's needs.
Owing to recent contract awards, we are now looking to recruit high a calibre Project Controls Assistant to work in our UK Rail design team in York on a wide portfolio of schemes throughout the UK and ensure we meet the demanding workload.
Please note that Arcadis adhere to the rail industries Drug and Alcohol policies and you may be tested randomly for Drugs and Alcohol at any time during your employment
To be considered for a role we are seeking candidates with the following credentials:
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- A-levels or NVQ equivalent in Numerical/technical subjects
- Excellent IT skills including MS Office, specifically Excel
- Ability to set up, manage, update and report on registers
- Can work and act independent of daily instructions i.e. self-motivated and self-managing.
- Good communication skills.
- Enthusiasm to learn and develop.
- BTECH or HNC in Engineering related topics
- Can read and interpret a design drawing
- Knowledgeable about Change Control, Technical Queries, Design Management
- Familiar with / knowledgeable of Project Wise or similar project communication system
- Familiar with Design environment and Project Management environment and Document Control management.
- Familiar with working with Design Engineers and understanding their terminology.
- Knowledge of Project Planning Software, MS Project, Primavera
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for supporting existing Document Controllers to manage data throughout the project lifecycle.
- Responsible for supporting existing Project Planners to develop and manage the production of project programmes and comply with project reporting requirements.
- Using Sharepoint and Projectwise to process incoming and outgoing project critical documentation
- Using Primavera to produce and update project Programmes to support the project manager.
- Liaison with the project team member for preparation of all technical submissions.
- Maintain and update all document registers
- Control of issue and receipt of all documents and drawings - Quality checking all information.
- Monitor and update any change and modification to the technical documents. Highlight any deviation to Engineering manager for attention
- Liaison with project team for the preparation of presentation materials if necessary
Remuneration & Benefits
At Arcadis we believe in rewarding our staff for their commitment and endeavours and we have designed a flexible benefits package that we feel will suit all of our team. You will receive a basic salary that will match your skills, experience and requirements, coupled with:
Stakeholder Pension matched to 6%
Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid
Tax Free Season Ticket Loan
Cycle to Work Scheme
Best rate Gym Membership (Some UK Office Locations)
Additional Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
Tax Free Share Purchase Scheme
Long Term Service Awards
Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make!