- We are excited to announce that at an awards ceremony in November,.... The post Arcadis Employee picks up Women of the Future Award appeared first on thebigidea.
- The Environment team in Arcadis had unprecedented success at this year’s Brownfield.... The post Arcadis Environment team receives 3 awards appeared first on thebigidea.
- Emma graduated with a MEng (Hons) Civil & Coastal Engineering from Plymouth.... The post Emma Herbert was selected onto the Women Engineering Society Youth board at Arcadis appeared first on thebigidea.
- In September and October 2016, Paydata collected information on a number of.... The post Paydata UK Reward Management Survey 2016 appeared first on thebigidea.
- CMI research shows not enough women are making it to middle management.... The post Middle management lacking women appeared first on thebigidea.
Engineering Manager - Glasgow job in Glasgow
Find out what it is like to work at Arcadis
Job Title - Engineering Manager - Glasgow
The railway sector is one of our core markets and we pride ourselves on delivering new and exciting resolutions for rail infrastructure design and construction schemes.
Our Rail Team continues to add to their impressive list of project awards and recent successes have seen them secure some of the UK's most high profile, complex and stimulating projects including Crossrail, London Bridge Station, Manchester Victoria Station and Bank Station Regeneration schemes.
We have also built an enviable reputation in the delivery of some of the UK's, working for and alongside some of the industry's best known and respected companies including Network Rail, Translink, Train Operating Companies, Local Authorities and Contractors throughout the UK, designing and engineering complex technical solutions to meet / exceed our client's needs.
We are now looking to recruit a high calibre Design Engineering Manager / CEM with UK rail experience, to be based out of our Glasgow office and engaged upon a portfolio of multi-disciplinary rail schemes.
We are seeking to locate a career minded Engineering Manager / CEM who has gained proven work experience within the UK rail environment.
Please note that Arcadis adhere to the rail industries Drug and Alcohol policies and you may be tested randomly for Drugs and Alcohol at any time during your employment
To be considered, we are seeking candidates with the following credentials:
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Member of the ICE, IET, IRSE or other recognised professional body.
- Able to undertake Engineering Manager duties on allocated projects
- Experience of undertaking design engineering integration, within a multi-disciplinary project environment
- Excellent communications skills, understanding of task time and people management.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Chartered Engineer status.
- Significant experience in all aspects of Multi-disciplinary Railway Engineering.
- Practical experience of the operational requirements of railway construction works.
- Knowledge of project safety requirements and contract conditions.
- Knowledge of Common Safety Method of Risk Evaluation and Assessment
- Knowledge of Railway Interoperability Regulations and TSI Compliance
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, you will provide technical support into assigned projects ensuring successful delivery of integrated designs within a rail environment.
You will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of project-related tasks to meet budget, time-frame and quality targets, meeting or exceeding client expectations, promoting and marketing all facets of Arcadis services during interfaces with clients and other sectors and disciplines, contributing towards the achievement of the divisional business plan and to build networks within the industry.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain overall accountability for ensuring CRE's have appropriate competence and that required approvals are undertaken.
- Organise and chair IDC and IDR as required;
- Co-ordination and management of evidence from Design Development activities to demonstrate CDM, Safe by Design, CSM and TSI compliance.
- Overall approval of all technical changes in accordance with the project change management procedure;
- Ensure that all design activities and deliverables are compliant with current company, British and European standards;
- Ensure that all design work covering relevant disciplines is integrated by ensuring interdisciplinary design (IDC) reviews are held;
- Ensure that designs, for relevant disciplines, consider constructability, demolition, removal and recovery issues in accordance with CDM requirements;
- Review and comment on new and updated group and company, British and European standards and prepare onward briefing to all design and construction staff, including subcontractors, where applicable.
- Ensure that the technical standards are maintained in all aspects of project work, in order that safe and successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved.
- Participate in and monitor the planning and progress of works in relation to timeline and budget and ensure that the development, design, construction and testing requirements are met and effect remedial action when required.
- Be the Project Manager's senior engineering representative on the appointed project.
- Where appropriate, undertake Contract Engineering Manager Duties on the allocated project.
- Discharge safety responsibilities in relation to CDM Regulations, Health and Safety legislation, Company procedures including development of the project Safety Plan.
- Act in the role of Contractors' Responsible Engineer as required, as well as the CEM.
- Assist where required in the review and assessment of the engineering aspects of project changes.
- Manage the interface with our Global Excellence Centre offices in India in respect of engineering issues
Remuneration & Benefits
At Arcadis we believe in rewarding our staff for their commitment and endeavours and we have designed a flexible benefits package that we feel will suit all of our team. You will receive a basic salary that will match your skills, experience and requirements, coupled with:
Stakeholder Pension matched to 6%
Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid
Tax Free Season Ticket Loan
Cycle to Work Scheme
Additional Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
Long Term Service Awards
Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make!