- People still think of engineering as a profession reserved only for white heterosexual men. But.... The post What is it like being LGBT in the Engineering industry? appeared first on thebigidea.
- We are excited to announce that at an awards ceremony in November,.... The post Arcadis Employee picks up Women of the Future Award appeared first on thebigidea.
- The Environment team in Arcadis had unprecedented success at this year’s Brownfield.... The post Arcadis Environment team receives 3 awards appeared first on thebigidea.
- Emma graduated with a MEng (Hons) Civil & Coastal Engineering from Plymouth.... The post Emma Herbert was selected onto the Women Engineering Society Youth board at Arcadis appeared first on thebigidea.
- In September and October 2016, Paydata collected information on a number of.... The post Paydata UK Reward Management Survey 2016 appeared first on thebigidea.
Senior M&E Engineer - York job in York
Find out what it is like to work at Arcadis
Job Title - Senior M&E Engineer - York
The railway sector is one of Arcadis core markets, a position it has held throughout our 150 year history, and we pride ourselves on delivering new and exciting resolutions for rail infrastructure schemes.
Our Rail Team continues to add to their impressive list of project awards and recent successes have seen them secure some of the UK's most high profile, complex and stimulating projects including Crossrail, London Bridge Station, Manchester Victoria Station and Bank Station Regeneration schemes.
We have also built an enviable reputation in the delivery, working for and alongside some of the industry's best known and respected companies including Network Rail, Transport for London and Train Operating Companies throughout the UK, designing and engineering complex technical solutions to meet / exceed our client's needs.
Owing to recent contract awards, we are now looking to recruit a high calibre Senior Electrical Engineer/ M&E services Engineer who has a proven track record in the design of a range of multi-disciplinary building services (rail orientated) schemes throughout the UK. To be considered for a role we are seeking candidates with the following credentials:
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- MIET/MCIBSE accreditation
- Degree Qualified in Electrical Engineering or an appropriate level of experience and equivalent qualifications
- UK Railway experience with an in-depth knowledge of Network Rail's Grip Processes and Procedures
- Experience of lighting, power distribution, LV services design for railway infrastructure and facilities would be an advantage - in particular signalling power and points heating systems
- Knowledge of Network Rail processes and procedures
- Electrical experience of LV. HV experience is not essential but preferred
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Associate Director / Director, you will provide technical and design capabilities for assigned projects ensuring successful delivery of technically challenging Rail schemes. As we operate in such a diverse marketplace, we can safely say that you will gain an experience of working on a wide and varied portfolio of projects which will enhance your skills and test your technical knowledge; however the majority of our regular projects are within the rail sector and in particular, the M&E services discipline
You will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of Rail project-related M&E services and specific electrical design tasks to meet budget, time-frame and quality targets, meeting or exceeding client expectations, promoting and marketing all facets of Arcadis services during interfaces with clients and other sectors and disciplines, contributing towards the achievement of the divisional business plan and to build networks within the industry.
We will ensure that we offer personal development which will allow you to progress your career and offer you the opportunity to be mentored by industry wide recognised Technical Leaders in their field who will lend you their experience and ensure that the training you receive will give you the best possible chance of success.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Performing required activities associated with projects (investigation, analysis and design) in line with client and Arcadis specifications, national standards and codes of practice
- Design development experience in taking a client remit and developing systems, layouts, schematics and reports - supported by calculation outputs
- Be proficient in the use of design calculation software such as Amtech, Dialux, Hevacomp. Training will be provided for other software packages as the need arises
- Preparing and registering all relevant documentation and design reports and ensuring that all documentation is current, accurate and in compliance with Arcadis requirements.
- Maintaining on-going communication with relevant Project Leaders/Team Leaders, and clients when required, to ensure effective communications on matters relevant to the project
- Contributing to the resolution of technical issues on projects and providing technical guidance to other team members
- Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design
- Reviewing completed engineering work to ensure accuracy
- Provide a mentoring role to the less experienced team members.
- Gaining awareness of, and familiarity with, the commercial aspects of projects to develop commercial skills
- Acquire knowledge and practical skills that can be used in your professional development towards possible Chartership or equivalent
- Developing innovative and entrepreneurial thinking and behaviour
- Building a profile in the industry and keeping up-to-date with innovations and developments in the rail sector
- Being familiar with, and compliant with, relevant H & S regulations and to promote a culture of awareness within the team
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your manager or Arcadis.
Remuneration & Benefits
At Arcadis we believe in rewarding our staff for their commitment and endeavours and we have designed a flexible benefits package that we feel will suit all of our team. You will receive a basic salary that will match your skills, experience and requirements, coupled with:
Stakeholder Pension matched to 6%
Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid
Tax Free Season Ticket Loan
Cycle to Work Scheme
Additional Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
Long Term Service Awards
Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make!
IT & Internet