- People still think of engineering as a profession reserved only for white heterosexual men. But.... The post What is it like being LGBT in the Engineering industry? appeared first on thebigidea.
- We are excited to announce that at an awards ceremony in November,.... The post Arcadis Employee picks up Women of the Future Award appeared first on thebigidea.
- The Environment team in Arcadis had unprecedented success at this year’s Brownfield.... The post Arcadis Environment team receives 3 awards appeared first on thebigidea.
- Emma graduated with a MEng (Hons) Civil & Coastal Engineering from Plymouth.... The post Emma Herbert was selected onto the Women Engineering Society Youth board at Arcadis appeared first on thebigidea.
- In September and October 2016, Paydata collected information on a number of.... The post Paydata UK Reward Management Survey 2016 appeared first on thebigidea.
Principal Permanent Way Design Engineer - London job in London
Find out what it is like to work at Arcadis
Job Title - Principal Permanent Way Design Engineer - London
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate €2.5 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit:www.arcadis.com.
We are striving to attract career minded and technically advanced Principal Permanent Way Design Engineer to join our existing high calibre team in our London Office.
To be considered for a role we are seeking candidates with the following credentials:
- Expert knowledge of Microstation CAD and Bentley Rail Track design software production.
- Expert Knowledge of Gauging essential.
- A minimum of BTEC HNC qualified in Civil Engineering (ideally degree qualified) with Bentley Railtrack / MX Rail experience.
- Expert knowledge of Microstation CAD production.
- Experience of track design, S&C and Plain Line
- Knowledge and skills in aspects of track and/or railway civil engineering surveying, specification, construction/renewal within the UK
- Ability to lead, mentor and develop a team of less experienced Engineers and support personnel
- Preferably a Chartered Member of PWI or working towards professional qualification
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Providing input into, and engagement with, the company's strategy and vision as well as the function's business and marketing plan
- Communicating with team members to ensure that they understand, and become engaged with, the function strategy and business plan
- Mentoring and developing team members, ensuring they are getting professional development to progress through the company
- Maintaining an in-depth and up-to-date understanding of the function's clients and the market so as to be aware of any business opportunities that arise
- Building effective and enduring relationships with other functions, sectors and teams in the region, and external bodies to foster cooperation and to maximise cross-sell and trade up opportunities
- To proactively encourage links across multi-office virtual teams, sharing business intelligence, opportunities and team members
- Ensuring compliance with the company's commercial and administrative procedures by team members and project managers
- Contribute to monthly performance reports as directed by the Business Director
- Providing sound and effective leadership to the team, providing direction and technical advice, leading by example to achieve company goals and championing a quality culture
- Implementing a high level of innovation in technical issues, problem solving and the culture of the team, leading by example
- Being familiar with, and compliant with, relevant Health & Safety regulations and promoting a culture of awareness within the team
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your manager or Arcadis
Permanent Way Design
- Acting as CRE
- Delivery of allocated technical assignments, work elements and work packages and other design activities
- Undertaking technical tasks in accordance with the Company's quality, safety and project management/engineering procedures and controls
- Provision of permanent way design inputs, within own area of experience/knowledge, across aspects of the Company's activities and commissions
- Checking / vetting all designs before issue
- Undertaking consultancy assignments and providing advisory support to Clients and contribute to formulation of design concepts and approaches
- Development of working knowledge across aspects of permanent way and contribution to developing the Company's general capability, breadth and depth of expertise and practices
- Maintain good relationships with Client's key representative, and contribute to the marketing/networking of the Company to potential customers
- Inputs to the formulation of technical Proposals and their presentation to potential Clients
- Contribute to overall team resource allocation and utilisation
- Specific allocated responsibilities and duties commensurate with individual experience and developmental needs.
- Carry out any other tasks as directed by your Line Manager
What Do We Offer?
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.