- Within Atkins, one of the biggest journeys they are currently on is.... The post Atkins launch their LGBT+ Network Group appeared first on thebigidea.
- With the subject of gender diversity in the construction sector an ongoing.... The post Prioritising gender in Construction and Engineering appeared first on thebigidea.
- In April 2016, Atkins, as part of a joint venture with CH2M.... The post Atkins’ joint venture to deliver HS2 Phase One appeared first on thebigidea.
- Gender diversity in the workplace is the equal treatment and acceptance of.... The post Top Gender Diversity Initiatives 2016 appeared first on thebigidea.
- We, like many others joined the nation and took part in our.... The post Atkins: Its official, we’ve caught the baking bug! appeared first on thebigidea.
Traffic Engineer job
Find out what it is like to work at Atkins
Job Title - Traffic Engineer
We are currently looking for an engineer who has demonstrable track record and solid technical capability in the traffic engineering / public realm field, with experience in project delivery. This exciting opportunity will provide you with a platform to further develop our business in London and the South East.
The UK transport sector is experiencing unprecedented levels of investment and Atkins is playing lead roles in projects such as high speed rail, designing major new road schemes and upgrading our existing road and rail networks to deliver future demand.
Our team is currently involved in a number of high profile projects with a variety of clients in the UK and overseas, including The Crown Estate, Transport for London, London Borough of Richmond, London Borough of Harrow, Hampshire County Council and Portsmouth City Council. Our current portfolio of work comprises a diverse mix of local, national and international, development planning and engineering projects.
A degree in civil engineering or equivalent
Appropriate previous experience of working in this field (development and implementation of urban highway, transport and public realm schemes, including cycle schemes, bus priority projects, high street improvements and signalised junctions)
Proficient in the use of AutoCAD. Experience of 3D design using AutoCAD Civils 3D is desirable
Working knowledge of CDM regulations
Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage stakeholders
Supporting project managers in the delivery of public realm investigations and scheme design, including the preparation of drawings, scheme costs and reports
Evaluating engineering problems, consulting senior staff as necessary
Preparation of scheme drawings from feasibility design through to detailed design
Ensuring that projects are completed to client specifications, to budgets and deadlines
Working with planners, traffic modellers, architects, landscape architects, masterplanners and clients as required on technical aspects of projects
Provide guidance and act as mentor to more junior members of staff
Join us and well value you for going beyond to exceed customer expectations and delivering innovative solutions nobody else can. After all, we cant achieve great things without you. So, you can look forward to fantastic training and benefits. As this job is ideal for flexible working, we can also offer you a variety of different options to help you work where and when you work the best.
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers expectations.