- Gender diversity in the workplace is the equal treatment and acceptance of.... The post Top Gender Diversity Initiatives 2016 appeared first on thebigidea.
- We, like many others joined the nation and took part in our.... The post Atkins: Its official, we’ve caught the baking bug! appeared first on thebigidea.
- Atkins gave 2 days paid leave to enable an employee to volunteer.... The post Atkins volunteers with refugees in Calais appeared first on thebigidea.
- 2016 has been a hallmark year for Rahma Farrag. The assistant engineer at.... The post Female engineer at Atkins wins multiple awards appeared first on thebigidea.
- Atkins win employer of the Year award at CIBSE’s Young Engineers Awards.... The post Atkins win Employer of the Year award! appeared first on thebigidea.
Transport Planner (Development Planning) job in Bristol, Cardiff
Find out what it is like to work at Atkins
Job Title - Transport Planner (Development Planning)
Join our Cities, Space and Development Planning team in Transportation Consultancy and your transport planning creativity and technical skills will transform projects. Collaborating with specialists from across our business as part of multidisciplinary teams, you'll work on flagship regeneration and development projects. Making the most of your transport planning and development skills, you'll create streetscapes, secure developers planning approval and deliver sustainable and accessible developments. If you can present your ideas and build strong client relationships - you'll enjoy influencing mixed use developments, housing communities, airports, schools, sustainable transport, public realm schemes and more.
Based in our South West England and South Wales region, either in our Bristol or Cardiff office, the successful applicant will work as part of our national Cities, Space and Development Planning team, which delivers all transport aspects of land development. You will be responsible for the technical delivery of projects, including:
• Development Planning - producing Transport Statements and Transport Assessments, including junction modelling (e.g. Junctions 9, LinSig);
• Preparing, delivering and monitoring Travel Plans and Sustainable Access Strategies;
• Public realm, space planning and master planning; and
• Transport Development Control support.
What makes Atkins in the South West and South Wales region standout?
• We are working on key infrastructure projects such as the M4 Corridor Around Newport and the A465 widening, as well as assisting various Local Authorities with their Transport Strategies.
• We are supporting a range of Local Authorities to deliver their sustainable transport projects as part of the Department for Transport's Local Sustainable Transport, Sustainable Travel Transition Year and forthcoming Access Fund.
• We are helping our clients develop business cases for of several large infrastructure and transit schemes across the South West and South Wales for both local Government and Central Government.
• We are working with land owners and developers to provide the transport solutions which enable them to take forward their major mixed use and residential sites.
• There is a large and diverse team of Transport Planners based in Bristol and Cardiff who are active in transport societies and professional institutions, actively support a host of charities and also enjoy a wide range of sports and social activities
Our Transport Planning team works on a diverse range of projects and has ambition to grow. We're looking for an individual who is able to work well in a team environment to help deliver exciting projects for local and regional clients, such as the South Wales Trunk Road Agent and Wiltshire Council, as well as private sector developer and business clients.
• Appropriate academic and professional qualifications (Degree qualified in a relevant planning discipline, for example, urban planning, transport planning, Geography, Environmental Studies).
• Experience of working in a transport planning consultancy or for a local highway authority.
• Technical competency in areas of Development Planning work including Transport Assessments and Statements, junction modelling and preliminary design, Travel Planning and transport chapters of environmental impact assessments.
• Excellent report writing, other written and numerical presentation skills.
• Strong communicator, both within Atkins' teams and when in a client environment.
• Development control experience;
• Full driving licence.
• Excellent team player when working in multidisciplinary project teams.
• Results focused, ensuring that projects are delivered successfully.
• Able to develop good relationships with internal and external clients.
• Analytical, able to gain an appreciation of technical issues.
Here at Atkins we really invest in the career progression of our employees, so join us and we'll value you for going above and beyond to exceed customer expectations. We offer great opportunities to broaden your horizons and you can look forward to an excellent rewards package. We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers' expectations.