- Within Atkins, one of the biggest journeys they are currently on is.... The post Atkins launch their LGBT+ Network Group appeared first on thebigidea.
- With the subject of gender diversity in the construction sector an ongoing.... The post Prioritising gender in Construction and Engineering appeared first on thebigidea.
- In April 2016, Atkins, as part of a joint venture with CH2M.... The post Atkins’ joint venture to deliver HS2 Phase One appeared first on thebigidea.
- Gender diversity in the workplace is the equal treatment and acceptance of.... The post Top Gender Diversity Initiatives 2016 appeared first on thebigidea.
- We, like many others joined the nation and took part in our.... The post Atkins: Its official, we’ve caught the baking bug! appeared first on thebigidea.
Head of Airport Planning job
Find out what it is like to work at Atkins
Job Title - Head of Airport Planning
The Atkins Aviation team is founded on experience and dynamism, armed with a can do attitude and underpinned by exemplary technical, engineering, operational and leadership backgrounds from across the aviation sector.
We currently have an opportunity for a Head of Airport Planning to join our successful team. The role will suit an ambitious and enthusiastic individual who is looking to progress their career within an exciting and successful consultancy environment. The position requires strong credibility in the marketplace, proven leadership skills and technical excellence, and will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to shape Atkins Airport Planning team and future success.
Drawing on Atkins global reach and expertise you will foster relationships with industry leading clients, decision makers and industry stakeholders to secure and deliver world class aviation projects.
If you want to be stimulated intellectually, to challenge yourself professionally and be part of a dynamic team, then we would like to hear from you.
- To act as Project Director on airport development consultancy projects. This will entail assuming overall technical, project team and financial accountability for projects, including direct liaison with internal and external clients.
- As part of the aviation senior management team lead business development activities including seeking out and pursuing new consultancy and major project opportunities by developing and maintaining contacts within the aviation industry and other client organisations.
- To lead a team of airport planning consultants and to assist in their professional and technical development.
- To support other transport planning studies, particularly multi-modal studies, by providing advice on airports and aviation planning issues within Atkins.
- To lead and contribute to tender submissions for major airport multi-disciplinary projects across all of Atkins.
- To raise Atkins profile through targeted events, the preparation and presentation of conference papers, attendance at conferences/seminars and representing Atkins on industry bodies.
- To work within, and contribute to, the ongoing development and delivery of the Aviation market plan across Atkins.
- Report quarterly on progress and performance, and present to management forums as required.
- Relevant first degree or equivalent qualification with preference for a transport related post graduate qualification and professional membership to a relevant body.
- Deep understanding and experience of the airports and aviation sector at senior level across the UK and around the world.
- Credibility to work effectively and sensitively at senior levels in the industry and to engage constructively across Atkins.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the key drivers of Airport Planning and Development, specifically the interactions between aviation and airport operations, people and baggage movement, development, design concept, retail, advertising, and transport modes that serve the front door.
- Broad technical planning background that extends beyond purely airport planning, covering policy, strategic planning, modelling and business case assessments. A thorough understanding of the nature of technical and business services provided to the sector is essential.
- Proven track record in coordinating and delivering technically excellent studies and projects on time and to budget.
- A track record in developing client relationships and winning new consultancy work.
- Experience of dealing with large stakeholder forums and press/media an advantage.
- Masterplanning of major hub airports including demand / capacity assessment
- CAA, ICAO, IATA, NATS, DFT key design documents and stakeholder processes
- Regulation and its impact on UK airports
Sound knowledge of:
- Airspace planning and its interface with airport operations and development
- Environmental impacts of aviation including noise, air quality and carbon assessment
- Airport ownership transactions
- Town and Country Planning process
- Surface access and landside issues
- A proven project management capability including financial management and business acumen.
- Recognition that international work brings international travel, and a willingness to undertake commissions overseas, potentially for extended periods away from the UK.