- Gender diversity in the workplace is the equal treatment and acceptance of.... The post Top Gender Diversity Initiatives 2016 appeared first on thebigidea.
- We, like many others joined the nation and took part in our.... The post Atkins: Its official, we’ve caught the baking bug! appeared first on thebigidea.
- Atkins gave 2 days paid leave to enable an employee to volunteer.... The post Atkins volunteers with refugees in Calais appeared first on thebigidea.
- 2016 has been a hallmark year for Rahma Farrag. The assistant engineer at.... The post Female engineer at Atkins wins multiple awards appeared first on thebigidea.
- Atkins win employer of the Year award at CIBSE’s Young Engineers Awards.... The post Atkins win Employer of the Year award! appeared first on thebigidea.
Associate Power Infrastructure Planner/Project Manager job in Epsom
Find out what it is like to work at Atkins
Job Title - Associate Power Infrastructure Planner/Project Manager
Atkins Infrastructure business are looking to appoint an Associate Power Infrastructure Planner / Project Manager
The Infrastructure business provides multidisciplinary engineering services and integrated solutions across a wide range building and infrastructure projects. Drawing upon a diverse skill set and a proven track record of delivery we are playing a leading role in some of the world's most challenging and exciting engineering projects. These include Airports, Defence, Energy, Civil Infrastructure, Education and Rail. We pride ourselves in offering a truly multi-disciplinary working environment and bring exciting opportunities to influence a project from beginning to end.
This key post will be based out of our Epsom office and will offer a challenging and rewarding opportunity to apply knowledge, experience and problem solving skills whilst providing good opportunities for career development. If you have a passion for engineering and want to understand where a career with Atkins might lead then we would like to hear from you.
- Utility infrastructure master planning, design & coordination, procurement, and construction support.
- Design and co-ordination of EHV/HV/LV power distribution diversion and connection schemes to maintain secure and reliable connections
- Power demand profiling and estimation
- Advice to legal teams on the development of utility framework contracts between Utility Stakeholders and client.
- Advising on procurement, design coordination, programme sequencing, risk and stakeholder management.
- Management of interface with local borough councils for the coordination of utility works.
- Establishing the approach and formats to coordinate works with a contract value of £1bn.
- Ability to prepare outline designs for permanent and temporary utility routes coordinated into overall infrastructure plans to establish land take and environmental considerations.
- Stakeholder management with DNOs to maintain assurances, coordinate outline designs and achieve scheme approvals.
- Actively challenging the utility stakeholder designs and approach on behalf of client.
- Establishing outline programmes for the utility works to identify the strategies for planning design, procurement, and construction activities.
- Reporting directly to client on designs, cost estimates, programme and scope.
- Degree, HND or professional qualification in a relevant discipline (or equivalent experience).
- Demonstrable experience of working on large, complex, multi-disciplinary projects.
- Exceptional project management skills gained across a range of projects, with a sound understanding of project management principles and application.
- Excellent IT skills including MS office literate.