- Gender diversity in the workplace is the equal treatment and acceptance of.... The post Top Gender Diversity Initiatives 2016 appeared first on thebigidea.
- We, like many others joined the nation and took part in our.... The post Atkins: Its official, we’ve caught the baking bug! appeared first on thebigidea.
- Atkins gave 2 days paid leave to enable an employee to volunteer.... The post Atkins volunteers with refugees in Calais appeared first on thebigidea.
- 2016 has been a hallmark year for Rahma Farrag. The assistant engineer at.... The post Female engineer at Atkins wins multiple awards appeared first on thebigidea.
- Atkins win employer of the Year award at CIBSE’s Young Engineers Awards.... The post Atkins win Employer of the Year award! appeared first on thebigidea.
CAD Senior Technician job in Swindon, Bristol
Find out what it is like to work at Atkins
Job Title - CAD Senior Technician
Due to rapidly expanding UK & worldwide transportation opportunities, a position of CAD technician has been created within the company in our Transportation team. Sitting within the Transportation Structures Practice, this is an exciting opportunity for any candidate who is keen to undertake an interesting and varied role in supporting the delivery of engineering on Atkins' rail projects and highways portfolio.
Atkins Transportation Division is one of the largest transport consultancies in the UK and is a leading supplier of engineering services to government, regulatory and local authorities, infrastructure owners and operators, Network Rail, train operating companies, design and build contractors and other clients within the transportation sector.
Our core workload is typically the delivery of multidisciplinary designs ranging from feasibility studies to detailed design, working either direct for rail industry clients like Network Rail and Train Operating companies or increasingly for design and build contractors. Our projects vary from some of the largest multi-disciplinary schemes in the UK to minor design commissions and include all elements of railway civil engineering including bridge, station and lineside infrastructure schemes.
Atkins is seeking a candidate able to demonstrate delivery of engineering drawings using AutoCAD and MicroStation for civil and multidisciplinary railway design projects. You will have a background in structural detailing and of working within the UK rail sector together with a track record of successful delivery on railway engineering design projects.
Please note that the salary banding for this role is between £29,000 and £39,000 depending on experience.
Please note that the closing date for applications is midnight on 11th Jan 2017.
- Implementation and compliance of Atkins CAD / BIM manuals and standards
- Production of heavy and light rail Civil / Structural CAD drawings and BIM model input
- Advice and mentorship of junior CAD staff within the team on projects
- Working as a point of reference for CAD staff and other engineers to call on where necessary
- Co-ordination of CAD and BIM model input to multi-disciplinary railway projects
- Assisting with site surveys and other site activities
- Preparation and presentation of progress for discussion at meetings
- Providing technical consultancy services to our clients within the transportation sector.
- A minimum of HNC in Civil Engineering or similar
- Proven BIM expertise within a line of route enhancement project would be advantageous
- Ability to produce drawings containing 3D information.
- A thorough knowledge of Microstation 2D/3D and its application in designing civil engineering structures in the rail environment is essential
- Experience in RC detailing, along with familiarity with Bentley Rebar or similar detailing packages
- Extensive experience of steel detailing - particularly for bridges
- Extensive experience of the following works within highways structures and light and heavy rail environments essential:-
o Rail underbridge repair and reconstruction (ideally in a range of deck construction types and including NR standard designs)
o Footbridge reconstruction replacement and modification (including Access for All)
o Platform extension and modification
o Rail ancillary civils structures associated with large scale re-signalling projects
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
- A team player, dedicated to the delivery of projects
- Works to personally set deadlines with minimal supervision
- Confident and professional manner
- Able to use initiative and has a desire to improve
- Enjoys working on both simple routine and complex drawings
- Be available to travel across the UK and work away from home, including periods overseas on assignments.