- Gender diversity in the workplace is the equal treatment and acceptance of.... The post Top Gender Diversity Initiatives 2016 appeared first on thebigidea.
- We, like many others joined the nation and took part in our.... The post Atkins: Its official, we’ve caught the baking bug! appeared first on thebigidea.
- Atkins gave 2 days paid leave to enable an employee to volunteer.... The post Atkins volunteers with refugees in Calais appeared first on thebigidea.
- 2016 has been a hallmark year for Rahma Farrag. The assistant engineer at.... The post Female engineer at Atkins wins multiple awards appeared first on thebigidea.
- Atkins win employer of the Year award at CIBSE’s Young Engineers Awards.... The post Atkins win Employer of the Year award! appeared first on thebigidea.
Project Manager job in Colchester
Find out what it is like to work at Atkins
Job Title - Project Manager
Atkins' Infrastructure business combines the best in architecture, engineering and surveying to provide a full suite of services to clients in the public and private sector. Whether designing iconic buildings or maintaining property portfolios, our Infrastructure business prides itself in offering intelligent, sustainable solutions and unrivalled expertise.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager, based in our Colchester office, with a design, surveying or engineering background who will manage commercial project management commissions plus the delivery/management of our multidisciplinary commissions. The position will also involve supporting opportunities and building relationships both within the Atkins group and with external clients. This will require a confident outgoing personality with the ability to develop and maintain long term relationships. Our need to recruit comes from the success of our division and the expected growth across a variety of sectors, including Airports, Education, Energy, Mixed-Use Developments and Rail. This is a great opportunity for you to work and develop within an internationally renowned consultant, working on a variety of multidiscipline projects.
- MRICS qualified (or equivalent) with significant Project Management experience and ideally a design related background.
- Experience in all core areas of project management
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent team/client interpersonal, presentation skills
- This is an outward facing role so requires someone who can work with a number of prestigious clients providing core Building Surveyor/Project Management services providing a positive proactive approach delivering excellent service with positive commercial results.
- Strong customer focus, ability to problem solve, advising clients on cost effective and practical solutions to all matters related to property and facilities
- Sound business acumen and strong risk and commercial awareness
- An aptitude towards developing and winning new work
- Knowledge of current legal requirements in respect of construction and associated legislation
- Excellent, proven project management skills with a sound knowledge of construction
- IT skills, with experience of programming software
- Understanding of BIM
- The ability to make decisions, act on your own initiative and operate in a pro-active way
- A proactive and flexible working attitude
- Project Management, Design team management and Contract Administration
- The successful delivery of the project to agreed targets, e.g. programme, budget and quality;
- Identifying and agreeing project objectivities with the Project Director and developing a strategy for achieving these;
- Establish client briefs, appropriate fees and cost control
- Actively managing projects - technically and financially, in accordance with corporate and business policies, directives, guidance and procedures;
- Review project briefs, contract terms (Consultancy Agreement) and schedule/scope of services,
- Defining line of communication and the responsibilities for co-ordination within the project team;
- Identifying, monitoring, managing and mitigating risks and opportunities;
- Client development skills to develop business with existing clients and confidence to win new work
- Prepare fee bids, mentor key team members to do the same and assist other growth managers in business development
- Develop the standards, processes and knowledge to deliver to our core clients
- Key account client management
- Comply with Atkins and client QSE procedures
- Fully involved in the production of tender documents