- Gender diversity in the workplace is the equal treatment and acceptance of.... The post Top Gender Diversity Initiatives 2016 appeared first on thebigidea.
- We, like many others joined the nation and took part in our.... The post Atkins: Its official, we’ve caught the baking bug! appeared first on thebigidea.
- Atkins gave 2 days paid leave to enable an employee to volunteer.... The post Atkins volunteers with refugees in Calais appeared first on thebigidea.
- 2016 has been a hallmark year for Rahma Farrag. The assistant engineer at.... The post Female engineer at Atkins wins multiple awards appeared first on thebigidea.
- Atkins win employer of the Year award at CIBSE’s Young Engineers Awards.... The post Atkins win Employer of the Year award! appeared first on thebigidea.
Senior Chartered Building Surveyor/Project Manager job in London, Epsom
Find out what it is like to work at Atkins
Job Title - Senior Chartered Building Surveyor/Project Manager
Atkins' Infrastructure business combines the best in engineering, surveying and architecture to provide a full suite of services to clients in the public, private and commercial sectors. Whether designing/project managing iconic buildings or maintaining property portfolios, our pride and passion is in offering intelligent, sustainable solutions and unrivalled expertise. We are seeking an experienced Senior Building Surveyor/Project Manager, based from our London or Epsom office, with a surveying background who will manage the delivery of our multidisciplinary schemes. Working with the support of the Property & Design Management team you will be involved in the bid process and be responsible for delivering schemes to budget and programme and be the main point of contact with Clients for these projects.
Our need to recruit comes from the success of our division and the expected growth across a variety of sectors, including Airports, Education, Energy, Mixed-Use Developments and Rail. This is a great opportunity for you to work and develop within an internationally renowned consultant, working on a variety of multidiscipline projects. Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to security clearance being granted.
- MRICS qualified (or equivalent) with significant Building Surveying and Project Management experience
- Experience in all core Building Surveying work areas especially design and project management
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent team/client interpersonal, presentation skills
- This is an outward facing role so requires someone who can work with a number of clients providing core Building Surveyor/Project Management services providing a positive proactive approach delivering excellent service with positive commercial results.
- Strong customer focus, ability to problem solve, advising clients on cost effective and practical solutions to all matters related to property and facilities
- Sound business acumen and strong risk and commercial awareness
- An aptitude towards developing and winning new work
- Knowledge of current legal requirements in respect of construction and associated legislation
- Excellent, proven project management skills with a sound knowledge of construction
- IT skills, with experience of MS Project, AUTOCAD and NBS software desirable
- Understanding of BIM
- The ability to make decisions, act on your own initiative and operate in a pro-active way
- A proactive and flexible working attitude
- Lead on individual Building Surveying, Project Management, and Contract Administration commissions
- Assist the The expansion of the service delivery offered by Atkins to clients
- Client development skills to develop business with existing clients and confidence to win new work
- Prepare fee bids, mentor key team members to do the same and assist other growth managers in business development
- Continuous improvement to our standards, processes and knowledge to deliver to our core clients
- Mentoring and developing Assistant Building Surveyors/Project Managers and other team members
- Key account client management
- Comply with Atkins and client QSE procedures, prior to client issue.
- Establish client briefs, appropriate fees, and cost control through to completion
- Financial, commercial and risk management from project inception through to completion on own projects
- Conducting a portfolio of fee based activities with our key multi sector client base
- Fully involved in or managing others for the production of drawings, specifications and tender documents
- Survey and Report writing for the full range of typical core Building Surveying services
Construction monitoring and quarterly snagging assessments