- Atkins have officially launched their LGBT+ Network with a fantastic event supported.... The post Atkins launch LGBT+ Network! appeared first on thebigidea.
- Within Atkins, one of the biggest journeys they are currently on is.... The post Atkins launch their LGBT+ Network Group appeared first on thebigidea.
- With the subject of gender diversity in the construction sector an ongoing.... The post Prioritising gender in Construction and Engineering appeared first on thebigidea.
- In April 2016, Atkins, as part of a joint venture with CH2M.... The post Atkins’ joint venture to deliver HS2 Phase One appeared first on thebigidea.
- Gender diversity in the workplace is the equal treatment and acceptance of.... The post Top Gender Diversity Initiatives 2016 appeared first on thebigidea.
Senior Civil Engineer job
Find out what it is like to work at Atkins
Job Title - Senior Civil Engineer
Atkins is one of the leading names in drainage design, flood risk management and surface water management and is involved in a number of major infrastructure projects across the highways, rail, energy and development markets. Our involvement on projects such as High Speed 2, East West Rail, A14 Improvements and the Wylfa Nuclear Power Station provides for both a varied and technically challenging portfolio.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer / Consultant who has ambitions to develop into a wider role, contributing to client development, technical excellence and mentoring of junior staff or a combination of all three depending on how you see your career moving forward.
You will join a multidisciplinary team of around 20 people working on projects across the UK with a variety of Private and Public Sector Clients.
If you have experience in drainage design, flood risk management and surface water management then we would be keen to see whether this is the right challenge for you. 1
- Honours Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- CEng, MICE or equivalent or nearing qualification
- Substantial experience in the conceptual and detailed design of development infrastructure drainage, sewers, roads and earthworks
- Experience in the use of design software (MicroDrainage and/or Civils 3D)
- Experience of the transportation and/or housing, commercial , land development sector
- Be fully conversant with the DMRB, Network Rail Design Standards and Sewers for Adoption
- Substantial experience of S.38, S.104 and S.278 works, procedures and adoptions
- Working knowledge of the CDM Regulations 2015
- Experience in developing SuDS and drainage strategy
- Experience in providing broad technical support to the Masterplanning process
- Ability to integrate best environmental practice into design outcomes
- Good understanding of design procedures, risk assessments (design, site etc), change control, checking and review
- Experience in achieving successful outcomes with the relevant regulatory organisations
- Experience in the design and detailing of building drainage and external works packages
- Experience in one or more of the following: Flood Risk Assessment, Drainage Strategy, land drainage, EIA co-ordination
- Experience in ground modelling and re-profiling
- Ability to develop and agree scope of services
- Experience of working overseas and willingness to do so as required
You will be responsible for:
- Maintaining your knowledge of current design and regulatory standards
- The production of infrastructure design packages
- Ensuring compliance with the CDM Regulations 2015 and safety and environmental requirements
- Provide support in bid preparation and the work winning process in addition to your own work winning activities
- Maintaining and developing client relationships
- Client contact for technical and design matters
- Technical management of junior staff
- Providing support and integration to other Atkins design teams
- Ensuring compliance with Business Management and drawing office systems
- Undertake design reviews and checking
- Ensuring the provision of efficient high quality engineering design and delivery
- Budget tracking
- You will possess the following:
- Be self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of teams
- Demonstrate experience in a similar role
- The ability to work to time and cost budgets
- Good communications skills
- A willingness to work with Clients and their project teams
- Good presentation and report writing skills
- A flexible approach to work
- Identify and input to activities in support of the wider business objectives that may draw upon skills in addition to those outlined above.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Travel to other Atkins and client site locations, including overseas, will be necessary and you must willing to travel as required from time to time which may involve stays away from home.
Rewards and Benefits
Atkins competitive core benefits package includes:
- 25 days paid annual leave plus 8 bank holidays and the ability to purchase up to 15 days additional leave or sell up to 5 days leave
- Contributory Pension Scheme, Atkins will match and double employee contributions
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Personal accident cover
- Childcare vouchers
- Professional fees paid
- Give as you earn charity contributions
- Private medical insurance discount
- Employee Referral Bounty Scheme
- IT Related discounts
- Share incentive plan (after 6 months service)
- Bike4Work scheme opportunity to benefit from tax and NI savings on a new bike used primarily to travel to work.
- Health Club Membership Discount Corporate rates available on over 1,700 participating health clubs, spas and gyms
- Leisure discounts 15% off Virgin Experience Days, discounts available on Thomas Cook holidays, get between 25% - 50% off Merlin Entertainments (including Alton Towers, Madame Tussauds, Sea Life Centres etc.)
- Employee Assistance Well-being Programme 24 hour free confidential information and advice