- Within Atkins, one of the biggest journeys they are currently on is.... The post Atkins launch their LGBT+ Network Group appeared first on thebigidea.
- With the subject of gender diversity in the construction sector an ongoing.... The post Prioritising gender in Construction and Engineering appeared first on thebigidea.
- In April 2016, Atkins, as part of a joint venture with CH2M.... The post Atkins’ joint venture to deliver HS2 Phase One appeared first on thebigidea.
- Gender diversity in the workplace is the equal treatment and acceptance of.... The post Top Gender Diversity Initiatives 2016 appeared first on thebigidea.
- We, like many others joined the nation and took part in our.... The post Atkins: Its official, we’ve caught the baking bug! appeared first on thebigidea.
Principal Engineer - Storm Water Management and Planning job
Find out what it is like to work at Atkins
Job Title - Principal Engineer - Storm Water Management and Planning
We seek to appoint a Principal Storm Water Management & Planning Engineer to our Networks and Drainage Infrastructure business. The successful candidate should have appropriate professional qualifications, be degree qualified and proven experience of:
- Assisting on Legislative and Regulatory Approaches to implement SWM&P
- Providing guidance on Operation and Maintenance Protocols
- SuDS Research, Advice, and Design (New / Retrofit)
- Storm Water Modelling and Option Development
- Climate change modelling, adaptation, and resilience
- Surface Water Management Plans
- Stakeholder Engagement
The successful candidate shall demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the market sector, excellent technical skills and possess excellent business development, client management, project management and line management skills.
The Principal Engineer will have local responsibilities relating to business performance, business resilience and technical reputation and will contribute to the implementation of business strategy.
- Assume Technical Lead role on projects to ensure Atkins delivers Smarter, Faster & More Reliable outcomes for its clients
- Undertake Project Manager and Project Director role on projects
- Undertake Programme Manager roles on strategic / multi-disciplinary projects.
- Actively encourage staff to participate in, and contribute to, internal best practice forums, and external profile raising activities
- Staff development - agree plans to develop skills and experience through training, on-the-job experience, and personal development.
- Actively encourage the integration and use of the Atkins Global Design Centre in India
- Ensure compliance with corporate standards and policies
- Client Relationship Development with our key Water Company and non-Water Company clients with the strategic growth of both revenue and margin
- Effective management of bidding opportunities to win work and identify and manage risks
IT & Internet