- Gender diversity in the workplace is the equal treatment and acceptance of.... The post Top Gender Diversity Initiatives 2016 appeared first on thebigidea.
- We, like many others joined the nation and took part in our.... The post Atkins: Its official, we’ve caught the baking bug! appeared first on thebigidea.
- Atkins gave 2 days paid leave to enable an employee to volunteer.... The post Atkins volunteers with refugees in Calais appeared first on thebigidea.
- 2016 has been a hallmark year for Rahma Farrag. The assistant engineer at.... The post Female engineer at Atkins wins multiple awards appeared first on thebigidea.
- Atkins win employer of the Year award at CIBSE’s Young Engineers Awards.... The post Atkins win Employer of the Year award! appeared first on thebigidea.
Senior Information Security Consultant job in Bristol, Cheltenham
Find out what it is like to work at Atkins
Job Title - Senior Information Security Consultant
The ADS&T Security Business are looking to attract Senior Information Security Consultants to ensure the successful delivery of our security and risk services. We are looking for experienced security practitioners who are comfortable with leading security work as well as being enthusiastic team members.
The role will suit professionals with significant experience who are looking to further develop their career and provide real benefit to clients that make use of cutting-edge technology. In return, we offer a challenging and rewarding role, career development, an empowered and supportive working environment and a competitive reward package.
The successful candidate will be based at Bristol or Cheltenham. However, travel is to be expected with this role.
Atkins is ranked as one of 'The Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For' and as one of the 'The Times Top 50 Employers for Women' in 2015. We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers' expectations.
- Successful candidates will have been engaged in a security background with relevant previous experience in a technical or consulting environment.
- Understanding of risk management and accreditation within the MoD desirable.
- Broad knowledge of security systems and controls covering physical, procedural and technical areas with appropriate SME knowledge in some subjects
- Excellent presentation and communication abilities to present security principles to technical and non-technical clients
- Experience in security consultancy, risk assessment and compliance activity in corporate and government environments, including exposure to ISO27001 and other relevant management standards
- Knowledge and implementation experience of security best including UK Government security requirements
- Holder of key security industry qualifications such as CISSP, CISM, ISO 27001
- CCP SIRA and/or IA Architect desirable.
- Flexibility over travel throughout the UK. Flexibility to work abroad would be desirable.
- Ability to provide high-quality work under pressure, deliver security outcomes to tight deadlines and manage client stakeholder expectations
- Ability to work both effectively individually, as a lead within a team and also as part of a team in a multi-discipline environment and in a matrix organisation.
- An excellent communicator, verbal (ability to listen) and written (able to write concisely);
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks concurrently, successfully balancing business and client priorities
- Experienced in developing consultancy and business development skills.
- An interest in maintaining and enhancing technical and consultancy skills is essential
- Provide pragmatic security advice and guidance for clients in 'business as usual', technical refresh and new project environments that balances business benefit with security requirements
- Identify and establish good security governance to meet client business requirements and risk appetite and cascading this across the business through clear communication, training and ongoing support
- Identify client security risks within their operational environment and determine appropriate remediation based on business risk appetite that protects information assets from loss, misuse, leakage or corruption
- Perform compliance activity on client systems and business processes to assess the levels of security control and identify gaps to address
- Create client security policies and procedures to meet corporate and regulatory requirements
- Work in partnership with clients to implement security controls in pragmatic ways that deliver investment value and support business operations
- Build successful working relationships with team members, key customers and stakeholders that improves the value of the security services being performed
- Mentor others within the security team in a technical and consultancy capacity
- Assist in the growth of Atkins information security services
Rewards and Benefits
Please refer to our Rewards and Benefits page for details on our full benefits package, which includes 25 days annual leave with the option to buy up an additional 15 more days. Flexible working options will be considered for this vacancy