- In the last instalment of Noah Kennell’s experience of getting a job.... The post Atkins Dispelling Myths Part 5: The Future for Noah appeared first on thebigidea.
- In the fourth instalment of Noah Kennell’s blog on his experience in.... The post Atkins Dispelling Myths Part 4: Noah Kennell’s First Day appeared first on thebigidea.
- In the third instalment of Noah Kennell’s experience of applying for an.... The post Atkins’ Dispelling Myths Part 3: Noah’s transgender Disclosure appeared first on thebigidea.
- In the second of Noah Kennell’s blogs, he reveals his experience of.... The post Atkins Dispelling Myths Part 2: Noah’s Interview appeared first on thebigidea.
- Three of our members, Sky, Barclays and Atkins have featured in Glassdoor’s.... The post Sky, Barclays and Atkins feature on Glassdoor’s 13 employers that are great for working women appeared first on thebigidea.
Senior Civil Engineer job
Find out what it is like to work at Atkins
Job Title - Senior Civil Engineer
The Transportation Civil Engineering team in Warrington undertakes a wide range of commissions for a variety of Clients, from initial feasibility through to detailed design and implementation support. Typical projects currently being undertaken include station enhancement schemes, re-signalling schemes and depot construction schemes. Such projects require the team to undertake a range of surveys, produce design drawings, calculations, technical specifications and reports, and work closely with the client.
Atkins are looking to recruit a Senior Civil Engineer to become a key member of the delivery team, to drive and check the production of engineering sketches, drawings, design calculations and technical specifications.
- Support the technical delivery of civil engineering projects / civil engineering input in to complex, multi-disciplinary projects.
- Support the Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE) on large Network Rail schemes or act as the CRE for the civil engineering aspects of smaller projects.
- Use analytical skills to derive potential solutions to engineering problems and engineering judgement to appraise different options and recommend the most suitable option.
- Drive the production and check of high quality design documentation including sketches, drawings, calculations, reports and specifications.
- Carry out designs, design calculations, reports and specifications to industry and national standards
- Stay abreast of industry developments and changes in standards. Ensure that all design submissions produced by those under your supervision are compliant with all relevant standards.
- Developing more junior staff by technical training and mentoring.
- BEng / MEng degree in civil engineering or equivalent.
- Membership of a relevant professional body, such as the Institution of Civil Engineers, and Chartered or near Chartered.
- Intimate knowledge of Network Rails GRIP process and the various deliverables required at each stage.
- Willingness and ability to drive the technical delivery of civil engineering projects and also of the civil engineering aspects of complex, multi-disciplinary projects.
- Sound understanding of technical principles underlying civil engineering, particularly civil engineering structures.
- Sound understanding of relevant design standards, including Eurocodes.
- Sound understanding of Network Rail standards and technical assurance procedures.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes, particularly Word and Excel. Proven track record of producing high quality deliverables with little supervision.
- Relevant rail industry experience of working within a design consultancy essential. Wider knowledge gained from working within a contractor and/or client organisation desirable.
- Sound interpersonal skills and ability to converse with a wide range of Clients and colleagues across a number of engineering disciplines.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
We encourage career progression and there is the opportunity to further develop your career. We would expect to work with you in developing your career aspirations through staff appraisal, offering a range of opportunities and appropriate training designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents.
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers expectations.