- Pride@Zurich, an employee resource group, has launched to create an alliance of.... The post Zurich Launch Global LGBT Network appeared first on thebigidea.
- Zurich Insurance’s commitment to respecting Human Rights is part of Zurich Basics,.... The post Zurich – Respecting Human Rights appeared first on thebigidea.
- The Cultural Awareness Network (“CAN”) which is Sponsored by UK General Counsel,.... The post Meet Paula, Zurich Cultural Awareness Network Chair appeared first on thebigidea.
- Our second annual Diversity & Inclusion Week running from 21st-25th November, it is an.... The post Zurich’s Diversity and Inclusion Week is coming appeared first on thebigidea.
- As part of Black History Month, Zurich’s Cultural Awareness Network(“CAN”) hosted an.... The post Zurich raises awareness of African Caribbean Leukaemia Trust appeared first on thebigidea.
Senior PI Development Underwriter job in Birmingham
Find out what it is like to work at Zurich
Job Title - Senior PI Development Underwriter
Location: Birmingham - with some regional travel
If two heads are better than one, what could thousands of heads achieve? As part of our PI team, you'll be inspired by new ideas and points of view. Join a truly diverse network as you help people protect the things they love most. To have an impact across boundaries, work with us.
To provide superior underwriting expertise and services to brokers and customers, which:
o delivers profitable growth
o provides first class service and productivity
o builds business relationships with brokers and customers
o negotiates in areas of specialisation and in support of all our propositions
o grows our business (including cross-selling0
o implements company underwriting policy in areas of specialisation
o meets business objectives and company standards
• Establish and develop key broker relationships which will provide meaningful business to Zurich
• Underwrite complex business to a high level of authority
• Provide creative solutions to complex underwriting issues
• Be capable of leading senior level negotiations on risks and/or business deals
• Support underwriting function with good quality admin and systems usage.
• Ensure delivery of first class service and productivity
• Implement agreed technical standards, controls, practices, procedures and contribute to the continued development of technical knowledge and within the team
• Support the Business Manager in day to day management of the underwriting team, demonstrating proactive approach to this aspect of the role
• Build personal market profile with brokers and customers
• Liaise with Account Executives to identify and maximise business opportunities
• Handle a range of queries providing information and advice to assist in the development of the account and maintain underwriting standards
• Support the effective coaching, development and training of Market Underwriters and Assistant Market Underwriters
• Participation in underwriting and schemes audits/reviews.
Your skills and experience:
• Excellent understanding of underwriting principles and practice
• Detailed knowledge of underwriting aspects of a wide range of (predominantly) PI and other financial lines business
• Excellent understanding of the financial lines market in terms of competitors and key brokers
• Good knowledge of current issues affecting financial lines market and its clients
• Good knowledge of the insurance market and current market dynamics
• Achieve or progressing towards professional qualifications
In return we are offering an attractive salary plus a generous benefits package including bonus and defined contribution pension scheme. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities.
At Zurich we believe that having a culture of inclusion is essential in delivering good results. Attracting, retaining and developing a diverse workforce where employees feel valued, respected and empowered allows people to reach their full potential. As a business this diversity helps us to better reflect and understand our 4 million customers' needs to allow us to drive better outcomes. As a global organisation, with an increasingly agile workforce, we're happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us
Banking, Insurance, Finance
IT & Internet