- Employees at npower’s Scarcroft and Limewood offices in Leeds, took part in.... The post npower take part in Macmillan’s coffee morning appeared first on thebigidea.
- In July, a courageous team of six cyclists from npower’s Rainton office.... The post npower employees cycle London – Paris for charity appeared first on thebigidea.
- Over 60 employees at npower’s Solihull office took part in a musical.... The post npower raise money for Macmillan’s charity appeared first on thebigidea.
- Blog by Zentelle Madden on her work experience at npower. The big.... The post Npower: Marketing & Me appeared first on thebigidea.
- Npower blog: Getting back in the workforce after maternity leave Returning to.... The post Npower: Returning to work after maternity leave appeared first on thebigidea.
Senior Trader job in Swindon
Find out what it is like to work at npower
Job Title - Senior Trader
The Senior Power Trader is directly and individually responsible for delivery of around £5m P&L for npower through the trading and optimisation of npower’s power commodity exposures, contributing to an overall team target of c. £10m. The Senior Trader is responsible for the trading of all Power commodity positions within npower, in value, totalling £2-3bn per year, in volume terms, around 50TWh of Power. The Senior Trader is responsible for the performance, strategy, risk management and compliance of their Power trading team. They are also responsible for management of the Power Traders and working closely with key stakeholders to manage and grow the business.
Skills and experience
• Experienced energy trader
• Fully qualified in required professional qualifications (as defined by regulations)
• Track record of consistent P&L delivery and risk management/optimisation
• Comfortable with developing hedge strategies for flow desk, with volumes arriving from multiple sources
• Expert in market fundamental and technical analysis, and able to develop activities in team to support this.
• Skilled at leading team of traders, providing trading strategic direction and ensuring execution meets strategic plans
• People management skillset (previous experience preferred)
• Ability to turn strategy and vision into concrete actions, and deliver
• Able to spot and develop commercial opportunities by working across teams and counterparties to deliver additional value streams
• Excellent numerical education background, educated to degree standard
The Senior Power Trader will be responsible for:
• Direct line management of two traders
• Relevant DoA to complete trades totalling £bns
• Trading P&L target of £10m+
• Expert and leader of REM business in trading expertise
• Depending on development of role over time, additional trading target of c. £1m
Why work for us
As well as a competitive salary and impressive benefits package you’ll also get the opportunity to really shape the future of our business. Along the way we’ll give you all the support you need to develop your skill set and achieve your long term ambitions.
npower is one of the UK’s biggest energy suppliers.
We supply gas and electricity to millions of homes up and down the country, So when you switch on the light, take a shower, or simply have a cuppa, you’ll know you can rely on us. We’re also here for you when your boiler needs servicing or repairing. We offer competitive tariffs that save you money and we’ll tell you when you can save even more. It’s all part of how we stand up for customers every day at npower. We stand up for the community too. We’re proud to have been a partner of Macmillan for 12 years raising over £3.5m. We’re also one of only a handful
- Delivery of Power Hedge Book P&L Targets to deliver portion of overall target of £10m
- Development and execution of Power hedge book hedging strategy, working closely with other team members to maximise return on risk/reward trade off across the portfolio.
- Compliance with all relevant rules/regulations, including, but not limited to, REMIT, EMIR, as required.
- Line Management of traders, development of analysts within the team
- Commodity trade price quoting to npower customers and third parties
- Development of capabilities of trading team to support delivery of stretching P&L targets
- Work with other teams both inside and beyond REM to ensure relevant project delivery
- Potential: Exploration of potential, and development of commercial rationale, for running additional trading books to support wider hedging aims of the trading business and deliver additional P&L to npower
- Ultimate senior business expert in trading and Power/Gas wholesale market.
Knowledge and Skills:
Please apply online by selecting the 'Apply' button and uploading your CV directly. Applications will only be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
Agencies: We operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Senior Power/Gas Trader will be responsible for:
• Direct line management of two junior traders (level of these individuals yet to be determined)
• Relevant DoA to complete trades totalling £bns
• Trading P&L target of £9m+ (expect higher next year)
• Depending on development of role, proprietary trading target of c. £1m
• Expert and leader of wider REM team supporting the Senior Trader’s trading activities
There has never been a better time to join us at npower as we embark on an exciting journey to become number one in customer experience in the energy industry and have also just been recognised as one of Britain’s Top Employers.
What you’ll get in return
Our people are our most important asset and are what sets us apart from the competition. We offer a competitive salary and impressive benefits package, and the opportunity to really shape the future of the business whilst receiving the support you need to develop your skill set and experience to achieve your long term ambitions.
register to apply
First name *
Last name *
Email address *
min 8 characters *
Confirm password *
Generate New Image
login to apply
Email address Email Address Required
Keep me logged in on this computer
Sign in with