- The finalists for the annual Women in IT awards has been announced,.... The post Finalists revealed for Women in IT Awards 2017 appeared first on thebigidea.
- Regular readers of our website will know that we’ve featured Transport for.... The post You can buy TfL OUTbound #RidewithPride bus appeared first on thebigidea.
- Those of you who know a bit about PurpleSpace will be aware.... The post PurpleSpace recognised in New Year’s Honours list appeared first on thebigidea.
- Two Transport for London (TfL) employees have been recognised with a British.... The post TfL employees awarded BEM in New Year’s Honours list appeared first on thebigidea.
- Blue badge for people with hidden disabilities to be rolled out across.... The post TfL announce launch of blue badge for Spring 2017 appeared first on thebigidea.
Assistant Business Information Manager job in London
Find out what it is like to work at Transport for London
Job Title - Assistant Business Information Manager
The closing date for applications is 23 January 2017 at 23:59hrs
The Surface Transport Safety Team is tasked with working with managers across the organisation to fully implement the Everyone Home Safe and Healthy Every Day strategy. As a member of the team, you will be involved in a number of exciting new developments to improve the quality of information provided to a wide range of stakeholders both internally and externally for effective decision making.
You will be part of a renewed TfL drive to improve safety for our customers, other road users and colleagues through the better of use of safety analytics. If you enjoy fostering positive relationships, this role will be right for you as you will get a chance to understand and solve stakeholders' health and safety data requirements.
Most importantly, if you have an inquisitive mind, you will find this role rewarding as you will be able to immerse yourself in our extremely broad data to discover new insights for managers actively seeking ways to make public transport in London even safer for all.
To support the H&S team in driving ST business performance improvement by providing non-financial performance information and analysis to customers across ST though; taking responsibility for specifying, testing, maintaining and developing accurate reporting systems for non-financial performance data, in an accurate and timely manner, for metrics as assigned by their manager from time to time. Offering company-wide technical user support, auditing performance statistics and compiling presentations for managers.
- Contribute positively to the continuous development and improvement of the provision of insightful performance information and reporting to customers
- Work flexibly to meet changing customer needs, e.g. in responding to ad hoc queries, gaining knowledge of a wider number of metrics over time etc.
- Take personal responsibility for "right first time" accuracy in collecting and collating performance data, and entering it on to the appropriate "single source of truth" database or other electronic system and maintain historic performance data files
- Effectively present performance information and reporting in a variety of ways in response to customer needs such as graphs and charts, written commentary, presentation slides, reports and tables, and verbally
- Provide advice and guidance to customers and apply on the use of appropriate statistical techniques, performance information, metric definitions etc to improve performance
- Work as a team to exceed customer expectations, whilst leveraging expertise and existing reports of other team members, to deliver as efficiently as possible
- Maintain information systems and provide technical user support and training to performance information system users across the company
- Provide specialist analysis of service or business performance, to identify improvement actions and to progress development projects and service level changes
Skills, Knowledge, Experience
Please upload an up to date CV to apply for this role. Think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience requirements outlined below and ensure your CV reflects the requirements of the role you are applying for.
Short listing will be carried out on the basis of the information on your CV and your answers to pre-screening questions.
- Detail conscious with the ability to prepare accurate reporting & analysis and to identify errors or inconsistencies - Essential
- Ability to analyse data, recognising patterns and trends in the data and draw meaningful conclusions and provide relevant recommendations - Essential
- Ability to build effective working relationships and participate in virtual teams across the business and with external parties - Essential
- Good written and verbal communication skills, proven experience of developing relationships with colleagues in their own team and in other departments- Essential
- Good report writing and presentation skills, the ability to explain and present performance results and analysis to managers, and to convert performance data and analysis into insightful commentary - Essential
- High level of numeracy, and an understanding of the use of statistical techniques in performance analysis - Essential
- Qualified to A level in a numerate discipline or other qualification to the equivalent level or proven equivalent technical knowledge through experience - Essential
- Thorough knowledge of an operating environment and the technical issues involving data capture, information analysis and reporting, and expert knowledge in the area of expertise e.g. HSE reporting, scorecard development - Desirable
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement methodologies - Desirable
- Good knowledge of performance data gathering, analysis and reporting techniques - Essential
- Knowledge of relevant systems including business intelligence systems, and the Microsoft Office suite - Desirable
- Commercial knowledge within a large organisation. - Desirable
- Experience of delivering a time critical activity, for example the regular reporting of performance information, consistently delivering to deadlines, prioritising appropriately, working efficiently, consistently and flexibly, with good planning and organising skills - Essential
- Experience in producing customer-focused outputs - Essential
- Experience in the production and/or analysis of performance data, from a range of sources, in a complex and/or large service organisation, managing both data quality and reporting deadlines - Essential
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment, including identifying and responding to customer needs and business requirements - Desirable
We reserve the right to close the advert prior to the published closing date should we receive a sufficient pool of candidates
TfL offers an outstanding benefits package including:
- Final salary pension scheme
- Free travel for you on the TfL network
- A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
- 30 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
- Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
- Tax-efficient childcare payments
- Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
- Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
- Discounted Eurostar travel