- North Ayrshire Community Hospital, Scotland We constructed a vital hospital for the.... The post Balfour Beatty constructs vital hospital appeared first on thebigidea.
- In September and October 2016, Paydata collected information on a number of.... The post Paydata UK Reward Management Survey 2016 appeared first on thebigidea.
- Staff from Balfour Beatty, the international infrastructure group, have thrown their support.... The post Balfour Beatty staff volunteer at Wildlife Trust appeared first on thebigidea.
- Balfour Beatty saw ten of its apprentices and trainees receive the Gold.... The post Balfour Beatty apprentices achieve Gold DofE Award appeared first on thebigidea.
- Apply for the Balfour Beatty’s Graduate Land Surveyor role 2017! About the.... The post Balfour Beatty: Graduate Land Surveyor 2017 appeared first on thebigidea.
Section Engineer - Eastwick and Sweet Water job in City of London
Find out what it is like to work at Balfour Beatty
Job Title - Section Engineer - Eastwick and Sweet Water
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Section Engineer - Eastwick and Sweet Water to join our Regional team to work in London
What you'll be doing
As a Section Engineer, you will:
- Ensure that the works are constructed in accordance with the contract drawings, specification and Project Execution Plan
- Manage site dimensional control & ensuring that contractors have the facilities for setting out of the works
- Produce and review construction methods statements, ensuring that the works are constructed efficiently and safely
- Plan and programme the section of the works, producing or reviewing construction method statements
- Assist in the management of costs and budgets, and with the measuring of the works for valuations
Who we're looking for
You will have:
- Experience in working on civil engineering projects in a similar role, specifically Highways, Rail and Bridges
- A HNC/HND/Degree in Civil Engineering
- The ability to be a team player, but also able to work on own initiative
- Knowledge of safety and environmental legislation
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We deliver flexible civil engineering and construction services from regional hubs and UK-wide local delivery units, aligned to chosen sectors.
Responsible for close to £2 billion of turnover annually, our teams deliver regional and national framework contracts, new builds, refurbishment and fit out across a number of core markets.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ("Two Ticks") symbol and are a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme.
Closing Date: 12th January 2017