- What is Nita Rabadia’s advice for women interested in a rail career?.... The post HS2: Nita Rabadia shares her experience appeared first on thebigidea.
- At HS2, we have established effective relationships with professional organisations to keep.... The post HS2 – Our Partnerships appeared first on thebigidea.
- Gender diversity in the workplace is the equal treatment and acceptance of.... The post Top Gender Diversity Initiatives 2016 appeared first on thebigidea.
- What does your team do? I work in the Supply Chain Team.... The post HS2 – Women in STEM appeared first on thebigidea.
- In June, we have celebrated National Women in Engineering Day, which is.... The post HS2 – National Women in Engineering Day appeared first on thebigidea.
Construction Managers - Birmingham job in Birmingham
Find out what it is like to work at HS2
Job Title - Construction Managers - Birmingham
As a construction manager at HS2 you will have opportunities to further your construction management skills while being involved in a wide range of construction disciplines. These can include bulk earthworks, major viaduct construction, station buildings, environmental mitigation, contamination remediation, river realignment, and tunnelling. You will represent the client as part of a diverse, skilled team and take this exciting project from vision and strategy development, through enabling works, design and construction.
About the role:
- Working with the contractors at all stages of the construction planning process to provide advice and expertise and ensure that all relevant procedures and documentation for contractors to follow are current and up-to-date
- Working with the contractors to oversee related construction works, ensuring that infrastructure protection is established and that the works are undertaken in a safe and efficient manner to ensure that there are safe systems of work and environmental controls on site
- Take an operational lead on interfaces with all external and internal stakeholders relating to project areas. Establish, manage and maintain relationships with key customers, including contractors, and key stakeholders in order to resolve issues quickly
- Assist as required in the contribution to the overall construction plan by supervising planning of access, possessions and closures
- Facilitate management of the client, supply chain and various stakeholders, and assist in the development and implementation of the delivery vision and strategy for the infrastructure programme, to ensure delivery according to time, cost, quality, safety and environmental specifications
- Work within an operational team to develop and implement business processes and performance monitoring across all activities in order to achieve business objectives and continuously improve performance.
- Proven construction experience gained across a range of large-scale projects with a sound understanding of construction planning
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of relevant health and safety regulations and industry best practice including CDM 2015 Regulations
- Knowledge and experience of site-based processes and procedures for health, safety, environmental and environmental management
- Proven ability to engage with, influence and manage contractors, sub-contractors and local external stakeholders to achieve the best outcome for the project.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK's new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain's major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others' health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 'Safe at Heart' programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.