- What is Nita Rabadia’s advice for women interested in a rail career?.... The post HS2: Nita Rabadia shares her experience appeared first on thebigidea.
- At HS2, we have established effective relationships with professional organisations to keep.... The post HS2 – Our Partnerships appeared first on thebigidea.
- Gender diversity in the workplace is the equal treatment and acceptance of.... The post Top Gender Diversity Initiatives 2016 appeared first on thebigidea.
- What does your team do? I work in the Supply Chain Team.... The post HS2 – Women in STEM appeared first on thebigidea.
- In June, we have celebrated National Women in Engineering Day, which is.... The post HS2 – National Women in Engineering Day appeared first on thebigidea.
Project Managers - Birmingham job in Birmingham
Find out what it is like to work at HS2
Job Title - Project Managers - Birmingham
As a project manager at HS2 you will have opportunities to further your project management skills while being involved in a wide range of construction disciplines that can include major viaduct structures, station buildings, major earthworks, environmental mitigation, contamination remediation, river realignment and tunnelling. You will have direct responsibility for budgets up to £200 million and will represent the client as part of a diverse, skilled team and take this exciting project from vision and strategy development, through enabling works, design and construction.
About the role:
- Support the senior project manager in developing and managing a broad scope of works, for construction delivery and handover of assets
- Lead, manage and monitor assurance and review procedures throughout the project lifecycle
- Monitor, manage and control project budgets to agreed escalation points
- Lead on managing the project to key milestones, and time, cost, quality and safety targets to ensure that objectives are agreed in line with programme plans, reporting to the senior project manager
- Within agreed authority levels, negotiate and authorise contract variations to meet value for money criteria
- Facilitate interfaces between different stakeholders to meet the overall strategic aims of HS2
- Take a leading role on interfaces with all external and internal stakeholders relating to project areas managed
- Support the senior project manager in reporting project progress (including progress reports and papers) to the contract board, programme board, and other similar boards as required
- Oversee the risk management for projects managed, and take a lead on audits and independent reviews undertaken by others.
- Exceptional project management skills gained across a range of projects, with a sound understanding of project management principles and application, including construction, risk, contract and commercial management
- Proven ability to engage with, influence, and manage internal and external stakeholders on contentious projects
- Excellent organisation and communication skills with a proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Demonstrable record of working with large, complex, multi-disciplinary projects, preferably within a construction environment
- A background of managing major projects with budgetary responsibility.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK's new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain's major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others' health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 'Safe at Heart' programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.