- North Ayrshire Community Hospital, Scotland We constructed a vital hospital for the.... The post Balfour Beatty constructs vital hospital appeared first on thebigidea.
- In September and October 2016, Paydata collected information on a number of.... The post Paydata UK Reward Management Survey 2016 appeared first on thebigidea.
- Staff from Balfour Beatty, the international infrastructure group, have thrown their support.... The post Balfour Beatty staff volunteer at Wildlife Trust appeared first on thebigidea.
- Balfour Beatty saw ten of its apprentices and trainees receive the Gold.... The post Balfour Beatty apprentices achieve Gold DofE Award appeared first on thebigidea.
- Apply for the Balfour Beatty’s Graduate Land Surveyor role 2017! About the.... The post Balfour Beatty: Graduate Land Surveyor 2017 appeared first on thebigidea.
Engineering Manager job in Liverpool
Find out what it is like to work at Balfour Beatty
Job Title - Engineering Manager
About the role
Balfour Beatty Rail have an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Manager to join our Engineering Technology Solutions (ETS) business based in Liverpool.
You will operate as part of the Engineering and Technologies business unit of Balfour Beatty Rail although may be required to travel to sites around the UK and overseas. Our Liverpool office focuses on the delivery of electrification engineering projects.
You will be responsible for managing project delivery including resourcing, planning, budget control and technical decision making. You will also engage in the work winning process in order to ensure the continued success of the business.
With travel to sites across the UK and overseas, the successful candidate will be play a pivotal role in this niche business.
What you'll be doing
This is a varied and interesting role, with involvement in key areas of this business. On a day to day basis you will be personally responsible for:
- Preparing and checking designs including drawings and documents
- Coordinating others to deliver designs and solutions
- Preparing calculations, verification and validation documents
- Supporting the work winning process
- Supporting and suggesting new engineering techniques
- Supporting innovative project solutions, and project delivery processes
Who we're looking for
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Minimum - HND in Electrical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering.
- Experience in the development of designs for Railway Electrification or experience within another heavy engineering industry.
- Proven and demonstrable experience in leading technical teams and driving them to meet deadlines in complex solution environments.
- Knowledge of Railway Systems and Electrification would be beneficial
- Eligibility to live and work permanently in the UK
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Rail Limited is an international leader in rail infrastructure engineering projects and the UK's largest rail engineering and services provider. We offer a full range of rail infrastructure activities from high-speed rail to mass rapid transit, covering urban, rural and commuter routes, for both public and private railways.
For an example of the exciting work our rail teams undertake click here:
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
We are also Silver Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
Closing Date for applications: 22nd January 2017