Graduate Estimator 2017 - South East job in South East
Find out what it is like to work at Balfour Beatty Graduates, Internships and Apprenticeships
Job Title - Graduate Estimator 2017 - South East
About the role
As a graduate Estimator you will assist with all estimating aspects of a bid, helping to ensure that high quality, competitive proposals are delivered to the customer in a manner consistent with the Balfour Beatty management system.
You will establish and maintain positive and effective relationships with customers, partners and the bid teams. As a Balfour Beatty graduate you will follow a development programme that will equip you with the skills needed to become a business leader of the future.
The Balfour Beatty Graduate scheme lasts for two years, you will follow a development programme that will equip you with the skills needed to become a business leader of the future. Throughout the two years, you'll be supported by your line manager and mentor and have the opportunity to attend graduate-based events, where you will network with your peers, develop interpersonal skills and share best practice. You will join a graduate cohort and be assigned Business Improvement and Corporate Social Responsibility Projects that can affect the way we work as a business.
Who we're looking for
To be considered for our graduate scheme, you’ll have:
- Bachelor (2.2 Hons) or an MSc (Merit) Degree in Construction Management or Quantity Surveying
- Exceptional logic and analytical skills
- Strong communication, team working and people management skills
- Engineering qualification is a bonus however not essential
- Full UK Driving License
- Right to work in the UK
- An understanding of BIM and how to read and assemble BIM models and produce appropriate reports from them is desirable.
What we’re looking for
- A flexible approach to work (you may be required to relocate, as part of your training)
- A team-focus with the ability to interact with a wide variety of people at all levels
- A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative
Why work for us
Salary & benefits
We offer a competitive salary, the opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme, flexible benefits package and a company car if applicable to the role. Your professional institution fees will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Graduate and what’s involved in the scheme visit the website www.balfourbeatty.com/graduates and view the profiles of our current graduates across the Group.
Should you require any further support with your application please contact email@example.com.
Closing date – 31st March 2017
We are an international infrastructure group providing construction and infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and you’ll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools, hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best Graduates to come and join our ever-changing diverse business.