- Asos top 5 free stress relief applications for work It doesn’t matter.... The post ASOS: Top 5 free stress relief apps for work appeared first on thebigidea.
- We’re totally serious when we say Craig David’s comeback can give you.... The post Asos: Take career advice from Craig David! appeared first on thebigidea.
- We open doors. We remove barriers. We help young people change their.... The post ASOS – The ASOS Foundation appeared first on thebigidea.
- As ASOS, we focus relentlessly on reflecting the needs of our customers.... The post ASOS – Our Customers appeared first on thebigidea.
- We believe the workers in our supply chain should be safe at.... The post ASOS – Ethical Trading appeared first on thebigidea.
Big Data: Data Integration Engineer, London (C#) job in London
Find out what it is like to work at Asos
Job Title - Big Data: Data Integration Engineer, London (C#)
ASOS is the UK's number one fashion and beauty destination, expanding globally at a rapid pace. Technology is at heart of this business growth and by delivering incredible solutions we're able to pioneer the technical innovation needed to keep our 20-something market engaged, the cloud based architecture to support our global reach and the agile engineering methods to deliver value fast.
We are building ASOS next generation data platform – a unique Data Lake infrastructure which will ingest and serve massive amount of data for complex real-time processing, leveraging the latest and most cutting-edge technologies at web-scale.
We are looking for outstanding data integration folks to join us and help build the new platform and grow the team. If you are passionate about technology and architecture, love hands-on development and want to build very scalable, highly available systems – you should work with us!
What you'll be doing
- Build cloud-scale ingestion and transformation pipelines, using all the modern standards and frameworks that Azure offers.
- Evaluate, design and implement the best ways to democratize data across the business and be at the heart of ASOS's shift towards a data-driven culture.
- Handle all aspects of development – design with solution architects, development, build, deployment, monitoring and operations.
- Research and experiment with emerging data technologies and industry trends with a view to bringing business value through early adoption
- Work in an agile, cross functional team taking responsibility for delivering optimum data solutions to business problems
Key Skills and Experience
Previous significant experience in a Data Engineering role:
- Profound knowledge of RDBMS and Data warehouse technologies
- Strong understanding of Big Data integration techniques – e.g. how to deal with volume/velocity/variety in a performant way.
- Exposure to Microsoft Azure stack (especially ADF, Azure SQL, Azure DWH, Azure Event Hubs)
Core programming including but not limited to:
Broad knowledge of software delivery lifecycle and CI/CD toolset:
- Source control tools such as GIT, TFS, SVN
- Continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, TeamCity, Octopus
- Testing frameworks
Nice to Have
- MongoDB or equivalent NoSQL databases
- Understanding of Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark)
- Experience in retail and/or e-commerce
For more information about this role please contact our Talent Partner, Vashma Bolton Vashma.Bolton@ASOS.com