- The shortlist for the British LGBT Awards 2017 has been announced and.... The post A spotlight on the Top 10 LGBT+ Corporate Rising Stars appeared first on thebigidea.
- The shortlist for the British LGBT Awards 2017 has been announced. The.... The post Shortlist revealed for the British LGBT Awards appeared first on thebigidea.
- Sky are launching a new campaign, Ocean Rescue, to raise awareness of.... The post Sky launches Ocean Rescue Campaign appeared first on thebigidea.
- Working in collaboration with other individuals and organisations within their sector, inter-sector.... The post The rise of inter-sector network groups appeared first on thebigidea.
- Sky won the WISE Employer Award 2016 for their support of Women.... The post Fantastic win for Sky at WISE awards appeared first on thebigidea.
PR Executive job in Osterley
Find out what it is like to work at Sky
Job Title - PR Executive
Sky is Europe's leading entertainment company and serves over 22 million customers across five countries. Our business in the UK and Ireland has come a long way since starting out as a satellite broadcaster in 1989 and we're not stopping there. We're home to award-winning teams for everything from Customer Service to Marketing, from Technology to Finance, meaning there's plenty of opportunity for you, no matter what your career goals.
The Entertainment, Product and Brand PR team aims to deliver high impact, proactive media campaigns for Sky's content and products across print, TV, Radio and online, encouraging customers to watch and value our programming and products and prospective customers to consider a subscription. The team also provides a fully reactive service dealing with any media issues relating to Sky's content or products.
As a valued employee of Sky, you'll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme, private health care and a share save scheme. There's a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
The role offers the perfect platform for a PR professional with a consumer-facing PR background looking to take the next step in their career in one of Britain's most successful and fast paced companies. You will be creating and activating integrated communications strategies supporting Sky's entertainment, product marketing priorities.
Your key responsibilities
- As directed by the Consumer PR leadership team you will have the chance to work collaboratively with stakeholders to identify and develop high impact, creative, integrated PR campaigns that drive awareness of all that Sky to offer, and to increase the share of editorial and social coverage for our content and products.
- Working on campaigns for key Sky Entertainment shows. The PR Executive will work as part of a team on the delivery of hero and high priority campaigns and have sole responsibility for publicising additional shows
- Manage external agency partners and drive projects from inception to completion, working collaboratively with internal stakeholders and agencies to identify PR opportunities.
- Develop creative ideas alongside others in the Consumer PR team that will drive external talkability, both in traditional and social media.
- Provide PR advice and guidance to internal stakeholders and manage internal relationships and approvals
- General press office duties including responding to reactive media enquiries
- Build understanding of a broad range of media outlets including technology, entertainment, and film and sport media to identify PR opportunities.
- Demonstrating proven relationships with journalists and influencers, especially across showbiz / entertainment and technology.
- Providing support to the Head of PR and PR Managers as required.
- Establishing close relationship with colleagues across PR Planning and Marketing
Essential skills and experience:
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent, preferable in Public Relations, Communications, or Journalism with experience either in-house or agency.
- Extensive experience pitching to journalists, an instinct for what makes a story and building and maintaining key relationships with a strong network of print, broadcast and online contacts.
- Experience in implementing effective PR campaigns and ability to take initiative and work under pressure in a busy and fast paced environment
- A creative and confident self-starter with strong relationship building skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to collaborate with multiple teams and stakeholders
- A problem-solver, tenacious, highly organised, able to juggle priorities and drive projects forward.
- Sharp attention to detail and equally important is your highly polished and professional approach, along with strong organisational, analytical and planning skills.
- Confidence to thrive in a complex and fast-moving environment, and the ability to work under pressure whilst still delivering high quality results.
- An appetite to embrace a large, demanding and fast-paced corporate culture and the flexibility to respond to competing demands and priorities from within and external to the business.
If you're ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk flexible working
It's our people that make Sky Europe's leading entertainment company. That's why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better