- Three of our members, Sky, Barclays and Atkins have featured in Glassdoor’s.... The post Sky, Barclays and Atkins feature on Glassdoor’s 13 employers that are great for working women appeared first on thebigidea.
- The shortlist for the British LGBT Awards 2017 has been announced and.... The post A spotlight on the Top 10 LGBT+ Corporate Rising Stars appeared first on thebigidea.
- The shortlist for the British LGBT Awards 2017 has been announced. The.... The post Shortlist revealed for the British LGBT Awards appeared first on thebigidea.
- Sky are launching a new campaign, Ocean Rescue, to raise awareness of.... The post Sky launches Ocean Rescue Campaign appeared first on thebigidea.
- Working in collaboration with other individuals and organisations within their sector, inter-sector.... The post The rise of inter-sector network groups appeared first on thebigidea.
Senior Java Software Developer job in Osterley
Find out what it is like to work at Sky
Job Title - Senior Java Software Developer
Location: West London
Sky is Europe's leading entertainment company and serves over 22 million customers across five countries. Our business in the UK and Ireland has come a long way since starting out as a satellite broadcaster in 1989 and we're not stopping there. We're home to award-winning teams for everything from Customer Service to Marketing, from Technology to Finance, meaning there's plenty of opportunity for you, no matter what your career goals.
You will join a software development team within the Content Discovery department, where we use cutting edge technology to provide resilient and robust applications and services. This allow Sky to lead the way in intelligent content discovery, and reliable customer experience.
As a valued employee of Sky, you'll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme, private health care and a share save scheme. There's a range of other benefits to help you make valuable tax and national insurance savings too.
Purpose of the role and key responsibilities
As a Senior Software Developer you'll be knowledgeable, experienced and passionate about technology, enjoy pairing with other smart people and use agile methodologies to ensure your projects and team mates succeed to add value to Sky's products and services.
Your key responsibilities:
As a member of the content discovery team within software engineering, you will...
- Be seen as an active leader within the team that can offer advice and guidance around design, architectural decisions and code quality Develop excellent quality software using agile techniques such as Test Driven Development and Pair Programming. Take an active role in Story definition, assisting QA's and business stakeholders with Acceptance criteria. Drive best technology and software development practices into the team with passion and enthusiasm. Participate in regular showcases of new work to the product owners and business stakeholders. Strive for continuous improvement within the team and the department. Represent Sky at internal and external events and conferences, and take an active participation in Sky's software engineering communities
As a member of the Content Discovery team within Software Engineering, you will...
- Have experience and strong ability in Java (Groovy/Grails experience also highly desirable) Have experience and strong ability with NoSQL Databases, ESB's, Message Brokers, Document Stores and Data Structure Servers. Have detailed experience in automated continuous delivery and deployment, and automated testing, incorporating containerised deployment with service discovery. Have knowledge and experience of a wide range of best of breed open source and commercial technologies. Be experience of software development for resilient, high capacity, high traffic, high availability web-based services/systems, including configurable Micro-services. Have a detailed understanding of how the web works including familiarity with web security and attack countermeasures. Have a good understanding of software performance tuning, security, scaling and resilience. Have deep delivery experience within an agile project specific experience in TDD, Pair Programming. Have a track record of getting the job done to a high standard. Be able to demonstrate an enthusiasm and aptitude for learning new skills and practices. Be a natural Leader who is able to empower and mentor both their team and the teams around them. If you're ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
It's our people that make Sky Europe's leading entertainment company. That's why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better