- The shortlist for the British LGBT Awards 2017 has been announced and.... The post A spotlight on the Top 10 LGBT+ Corporate Rising Stars appeared first on thebigidea.
- The shortlist for the British LGBT Awards 2017 has been announced. The.... The post Shortlist revealed for the British LGBT Awards appeared first on thebigidea.
- Sky are launching a new campaign, Ocean Rescue, to raise awareness of.... The post Sky launches Ocean Rescue Campaign appeared first on thebigidea.
- Working in collaboration with other individuals and organisations within their sector, inter-sector.... The post The rise of inter-sector network groups appeared first on thebigidea.
- Sky won the WISE Employer Award 2016 for their support of Women.... The post Fantastic win for Sky at WISE awards appeared first on thebigidea.
Senior .NET Developer job in Osterley
Find out what it is like to work at Sky
Job Title - Senior .NET Developer
We're always looking to improve, developing pioneering products and services that give every one of our customers experiences they'll love. And it's the work of our brilliant in-house Product Development and Technology teams that drive these award winning innovations, harnessing our creativity, technology and content. Join as a Senior .NET Developer and you'll be part of a dynamic team that makes sure our technology delivers the best experience for our customers.
As a valued employee of Sky, you'll benefit from a free Sky+HD premium package, an excellent pension scheme, private health care and a share save scheme. There's a range of other benefits to help you make valuable tax and national insurance savings too.
Your Key Responsibilities
Broadcast Apps provides technology and expertise to the Sky Business to support the content and advertising lifecycle from acquisition through to delivery and transmission. We are especially focussed on developing and delivering exciting new On Demand services for our customer.
Working as part of a cross functional Agile delivery team your input and expertise is required to develop new products and components using C#.NET and Oracle, develop and maintain existing C#.NET applications and provide ongoing support for our live sites.
•Work as part of a cross functional Agile delivery team using XP practices.
•Driving solutions and architecture definition for large scale projects.
•Development of new products and components utilising C# and Oracle.
•Developing and maintaining existing C#.NET applications
•Working as part of a team to achieve repeatable success and maintaining a high level of craftsmanship.
•Providing ongoing support for our live applications.
•To be successful in this role you must have previous experience of working as part of a cross functional Agile delivery team, using XP practices
•A focus on delivery will be key, along with great attention to detail and the ability to prioritise work according to business focus.
•Excellent communication skills
•Ability to independently drive technical investigations and scope efforts to completion.
•Familiar with good design and software craftsmanship principles (SOLID, Clean Code, KISS, DRY, YAGNI, etc).
•C#.NET preferably on .NET framework 4 and VS2012 or above.
•SOA Messaging and Workflow concepts.
•WCF and WWF
•Winforms and WPF
•TDD and good understanding of unit test frameworks
If you're ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
It's our people that make Sky Europe's leading entertainment company. That's why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in Better