- SAP UK & Ireland (SAP UKI), alongside its partner community, have raised.... The post SAP raise 100,000 for Action for Children appeared first on thebigidea.
- SAP encourages employees to work together no matter what disability they have,.... The post SAP encourages disability inclusion appeared first on thebigidea.
- Gender diversity in the workplace is the equal treatment and acceptance of.... The post Top Gender Diversity Initiatives 2016 appeared first on thebigidea.
- CMI research shows not enough women are making it to middle management.... The post Middle management lacking women appeared first on thebigidea.
- December 1st was World AIDS Day, making it the perfect time for.... The post SAP supports World AIDS Day appeared first on thebigidea.
Software Engineer Job job in Feltham
Find out what it is like to work at SAP
Job Title - Software Engineer Job
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device - SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
Software Engineer, Optimisation Team
SAP Hybris Commerce as a Service is creating a new type of ecommerce where the shopping experience will be delivered to the customer on any channel or device or media - rather than building a website and asking the customer to visit it. We are looking for developers to help us to re-invent ecommerce.
Until now, customers have gone to a website destination to find, select and order their stuff. But the future doesn't look like that. In that future, customers will expect to be able to shop whether they are in their kitchen using an embedded refrigerator device, talking to their car entertainment system, on a train using their mobile device or in a smart changing room in a boutique. What's more, as the customer moves from device to device, the shopping experience should remain consistent and relevant.
To help us build our new platform, we need bright and creative engineers that are brave enough to reject ecommerce dogma and be prepared to invent new ways to engage with consumers.
If you think have what it takes to join our agile teams and work in a fast paced and start-up style team spirit to contribute to our success, read on!
SAP Hybris helps businesses on every continent sell more goods, services and digital content through every touch point, channel and device. Join a team that promotes an empowered culture, allowing all employees the ability to contribute and to make a difference. We value people that do what it takes to deliver superior results to our customers. We embrace innovative technology and new ideas.
At SAP Hybris you will find a challenging work environment with smart, dynamic colleagues and abundant opportunities to demonstrate your abilities and learn new skills.
Working in the dynamic business area of multi-channel commerce, you will be getting in at the ground floor on the design and development of an innovative new suite of applications spanning the entire domain that enable our customers to automatically trigger the right action using the right channel at the right time. The correct selection will be based on machine learning techniques, optimisation and real time data analysis.
You will work in a dynamic, multi-disciplined, agile, globally distributed team where you will be given the opportunity to let your talent and innovation shine through to make a real contribution in this collaborative and fast-paced environment; you will have a voice in direction, functionality, and the technologies adopted.
- Design modern data science algorithms in fields of optimisation, machine learning, real time stream analysis
- Architect, design, and implement elegant and scalable Microservice solutions using state of the art technologies for deployment to YaaS - SAP Hybris's state of the art cloud platform
- Staying abreast of the latest developments in technology and industry best practices and identifying where they can be incorporated to bring continual improvement to engineering practices and processes
- Embrace the Agile process, be self-empowered, take ownership of, and responsibility for your work; collaborate and communicate effectively with team members and other teams
- 3 years or more experience working in a SaaS or data science environment
- Experience designing, developing, and deploying Microservices to the cloud
- Excellent core Java (including Java 8)
- Understanding of good design principles and patterns
- Experience working in a Continuous Integration and Delivery environment and the associated processes and tooling
- Ability to adapt quickly to new challenges and an evolving technology stack
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Fluent English is essential
- Experience with the following:
- Java (including Java 8)
- Cloud Foundry
- Bamboo / Jenkins
- Apache Flink / Kafka
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.