- Surrey Police has been recognised for its continued dedication to diversity, ranking.... The post Surrey Police recognised in Workplace Equality Index for 2017 appeared first on thebigidea.
- Variety… Challenge…Opportunity… If you fancy a job that mixes the ordinary with.... The post Become a Trainee Officer with Surrey Police appeared first on thebigidea.
- Are you the kind of person who loves to get stuck in?.... The post Join Surrey Police as a Control Room Operator appeared first on thebigidea.
- Surrey Police have introduced a new scheme called Pegasus to help those.... The post Surrey Police: Pegasus appeared first on thebigidea.
- The Surrey Police Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT+) Network recently held.... The post Surrey Police LGBT+ Network talk about role models in the workplace appeared first on thebigidea.
IT Technician - Thin Client job in Guildford
Find out what it is like to work at Surrey Police
Job Title - IT Technician - Thin Client
Following a collaborative change programme, bringing Surrey and Sussex ICT departments together, there are now a number of technical opportunities available.
This level of role has responsibility for the delivery of second line IT support and maintenance. It is also key in fostering a culture of customer service within the Operations Team.
You will be required to undertake activities to ensure systems are fit for purpose and developing new and improved capability.
Key responsibilities include supporting customers' needs by dealing with reported incidents in keeping with SLAs and through undertaking planned ICT routine jobs in a systematic and controlled way.
Identify root causes of recurring problems through monitoring and reporting trends and incidents in order to reduce or eliminate recurrences.
Maintain effective communications with all stakeholders to keep them informed at all stages.
To contribute to any new ICT solutions through carrying out testing, usability evaluation, porting and systems installations / decommissioning as required.
Skills & Experience
Candidates should be familiar with the following areas:
Hardware, software and systems that support the provision of services to end-users via thin client technologies. This may include provision of individual applications or the provision of an entire desktop environment. Management and configuration of thin client technology to provide load balancing, resilience, high availability, scalability and monitoring. Tools and techniques for management of dedicated thin client desktop hardware. Thin client based access gateway services. Examples: Citrix XenServer, Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop Citrix Access Gateway, Citrix provisioning server, Citrix EdgeSight, Atlantis ILIO, Wyse Device Manager, Wyse Configuration Manager, IGEL, Windows Server 2008 or above
Any queries should be directed to Luke Doddrell 01483 631429
We are committed to creating a diverse police service, which reflects the community we serve. We value diversity and inclusion and want to attract the best people for the roles available, regardless of age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, disability, social status or religious beliefs.
The postholder may be required to travel to both Surrey and Sussex sites as part of this role.