- With the subject of gender diversity in the construction sector an ongoing.... The post Prioritising gender in Construction and Engineering appeared first on thebigidea.
- In April 2016, Atkins, as part of a joint venture with CH2M.... The post Atkins’ joint venture to deliver HS2 Phase One appeared first on thebigidea.
- What is Nita Rabadia’s advice for women interested in a rail career?.... The post HS2: Nita Rabadia shares her experience appeared first on thebigidea.
- At HS2, we have established effective relationships with professional organisations to keep.... The post HS2 – Our Partnerships appeared first on thebigidea.
- Gender diversity in the workplace is the equal treatment and acceptance of.... The post Top Gender Diversity Initiatives 2016 appeared first on thebigidea.
Procurement Manager job in Birmingham
Find out what it is like to work at HS2
Job Title - Procurement Manager
As a Procurement Manager at HS2 you will be responsible for managing the procurement of all goods and services required to support the delivery of HS2 Ltd's remit, along with co-ordinating procurement resources engaged in response to programme needs.
About the role:
- Implement procurement procedures in keeping with HS2 Ltd's procurement policy and ensures adherence by business units
- Advise HS2 Ltd on applicable EU and UK procurement legislation and developments, applicable government policies and procurement routes
- Support development of appropriate procurement strategies that support value for money objectives
- Develop and maintain a plan of all procurement activity to meet business needs and advise on resource needs and options
- Co-ordinate production of invitation to tender documents, instructions, evaluation plans and reports
- Ensure that business managers have obtained procurement authorities in accordance with HS2 Ltd's delegated authorities
- Act as the principal conduit for formal communication with external companies during the procurement process
- Ensure a robust audit trail is put in place for all procurements
- Ensure continuous improvement in the procurement processes and procedures
- Facilitate development of HS2 Ltd's relationship with existing and potential suppliers as well as with central government and other rail industry procurement bodies
- Knowledge of applicable EU and UK procurement legislation
- Awareness of government initiatives and policies and ability to assess relevancy and defend applicability
- Background in procuring services through different routes depending on value including use of OJEU processes and government frameworks
- Experience of procurement in planning stage of UK publically funded infrastructure projects
- Effective analytical, commercial and negotiating skills
- Skilled in compiling robust tender and commercial documents
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK's new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain's major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others' health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 'Safe at Heart' programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.