- Local MPs Johnny Mercer and Oliver Colvile visited the Nelson Project in.... The post DCH support veterans building their own homes appeared first on thebigidea.
- A group of 12 aspiring managers recently completed our internal leadership development.... The post DCH celebrate their aspiring managers success appeared first on thebigidea.
- Young Plymouth man, Shaun Millington, has thanked DCH for supporting him when.... The post Shaun’s strengths recognised with the support of DCH appeared first on thebigidea.
- Devon and Cornwall Housing Group (DCH) is proud to announce that its fantastic.... The post DCH’s Skydiving employees raise 5000 for Shelter appeared first on thebigidea.
- Thanks to everyone at DCH’s ongoing commitment and hard work, we have been.... The post DCH – Awards and Accreditations appeared first on thebigidea.
Project Quantity Surveyor job in Exeter
Find out what it is like to work at Devon and Cornwall Housing Association
Job Title - Project Quantity Surveyor
DCH is a leading not-for-profit organisation that builds, manages and maintains homes across a range of tenures for people in the South West. We are now looking for a Project Quantity Surveyor to join our team and help deliver the groups ambitious growth strategy.
Within a culture of respect, learning and continuous improvement, you'll have the chance to make a direct impact on the financial success of DCH's development projects.
As the Project Quantity Surveyor you will support the Commercial Director with the appraisal of the financial viability of potential schemes, maintain and monitor the financial performance of Joint Venture and directly procured schemes and measure their performance against the parameters and targets of DCH's business plan.
Your other duties will involve:
- Taking responsibility for the financial management of schemes
- Preparing comprehensive land appraisals to support acquisition efforts
- Assessing the risks and opportunities for new schemes
- Identifying, managing and mitigating any overspending risks
- Advising on and developing contract documentation
- Evaluating the CVRs of joint venture partners against their applications for payments and work in progress
- Benchmarking the cost of contractors
- Helping to manage customers' requests
To be considered, you will need:
- Experience of working in the commercial department of a residential developer or construction contractor
- Previous experience of producing and managing construction budgets for residential development
- A track record of assessing development risk and producing risk mitigation strategies
- Experience of successfully working with teams of professional and technical staff
- Knowledge of the Cost Value Reconciliation process and the ability to interpret and interrogate their results
- A recognised construction qualification at HNC level or above
- RICS, CIOB or equivalent qualification (desirable)
As the Project Quantity Surveyor, you'll have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to manage people and expectations at all levels. Commercially astute and solution-oriented, you'll also be highly analytical and able to work well under pressure.
For further details please click here for our Candidate Information Pack.