- The number of people to have passed through a railway apprenticeship scheme.... The post GWR Apprentices take over Bristol Parkway Station appeared first on thebigidea.
- Great Western Railway has teamed up with a local bike hire company,.... The post GWR and partners launch app based bike hire at Plymouth Station appeared first on thebigidea.
- West Berkshire Council in partnership with Great Western Railway (GWR) has been.... The post GWR: 6 million investment for Newbury Station approved appeared first on thebigidea.
- Great Western Railway (GWR) provides high speed, commuter, regional and branch line.... The post Working for Great Western Railway (GWR) appeared first on thebigidea.
- Great Western Railway’s open day at their St Philips Marsh depot, Bristol,.... The post GWR raises money for charity appeared first on thebigidea.
Ticket Examiner - Bristol Temple Meads job in Bristol
Find out what it is like to work at Great Western Railway
Job Title - Ticket Examiner - Bristol Temple Meads
Salary: £18,164 - £21,153
Who we are:
GWR is the proud custodian of one of the most prestigious railway networks in the world. Our services call at over 275 stations, stretching across the South West of England.
Over the next few years we will be making history with huge investments that will affect all areas of operations, from new trains to stations upgrades and local community support.
We aim to transform the way people think about rail travel by setting a new standard - a better experience for our customers. Together we will restore the railways as a very special way to travel - relaxing, fast, efficient, friendly and fun.
If you share our passion for the railway then we would love to hear from you.
What you'll be doing
Your main responsibilities will be:
- To be an ambassador for Great Western Railway by delivering the best customer experience and a safe journey
- Sell a wide range of tickets, offering the most appropriate product to suit the customer's requirements, and undertake a full inspection of tickets and railcards on trains and at stations
- Undertake revenue protection activities around special events.
- Issue Penalty Fares to customers where appropriate, in accordance with The Railways (Penalty Fares) Regulations 1994
- To welcome customers and assist them with their journey, providing information and customer care, at all times but especially when the service is disrupted
- Whilst walking through the train, ensure that a safe, pleasant and clean train environment is maintained and meets GWR service standards
Who we're looking for
You'll need to be:
- Enthusiastic, positive and passionate about delivering outstanding customer service
- Flexible, with the ability to work a variety of shifts including weekends and bank holidays and early starts and late finishes
- Comfortable working in a strictly regulated environment
- Proactive with a "can do" attitude
- Able to work effectively when under pressure
As a minimum you'll need to have:
- An understanding of customers' needs
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to build relationships and work as part of a team
- Experience of front line customer service
- The ability to remain calm and professional in confrontational situations
As well as a great team environment and comprehensive training, all GWR colleagues enjoy a range of benefits including final salary pension scheme, free rail travel across the GWR network for you and your family, company-sponsored health care plan, childcare vouchers and an Employee assistance programme.
You must live within a maximum of one hour's travelling time from the depot and be able to get to and from work for early starts and after late finishes. Shifts may start as early as 05:00; latest finishing times may be after midnight. This is a part time role working 4-5 days per week..
You will be required to wear the uniform provided, to the standard required, including safety shoes .
Please note that this role is being advertised to create a pool for predicted vacancies.
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our organisation. And the broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.