- The number of people to have passed through a railway apprenticeship scheme.... The post GWR Apprentices take over Bristol Parkway Station appeared first on thebigidea.
- Great Western Railway has teamed up with a local bike hire company,.... The post GWR and partners launch app based bike hire at Plymouth Station appeared first on thebigidea.
- West Berkshire Council in partnership with Great Western Railway (GWR) has been.... The post GWR: 6 million investment for Newbury Station approved appeared first on thebigidea.
- Great Western Railway (GWR) provides high speed, commuter, regional and branch line.... The post Working for Great Western Railway (GWR) appeared first on thebigidea.
- Great Western Railway’s open day at their St Philips Marsh depot, Bristol,.... The post GWR raises money for charity appeared first on thebigidea.
Customer Sales Advisor job in Didcot Parkway
Find out what it is like to work at Great Western Railway
Job Title - Customer Sales Advisor
GWR is the proud custodian of one of the most prestigious railway networks in the world. Our services call at over 275 stations, stretching across the South West of England.
Over the next few years we will be making history with huge investments that will affect all areas of operations, from new trains to stations upgrades and local community support.
We aim to transform the way people think about rail travel by setting a new standard - a better experience for our customers. Together we will restore the railways as a very special way to travel - relaxing, fast, efficient, friendly and fun.
If you share our passion for the railway then we would love to hear from you.
What you'll be doing
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Providing the highest level of customer service and being proactive to customer needs
- Accurately and impartially selling the full range of products and services to our customers in a friendly, professional and efficient manner
- Maximising opportunities for increased sales at ticket offices by adopting selling techniques and offering enhanced products to customers
- Carrying out routine maintenance and cleaning of ticket machines and IT equipment
- Accurately completing all accountancy and other associated documentation
Who we're looking for
You'll need to be:
- Able to deliver exceptional front line customer service
- Able to understand customer requirements and expectations
- A Self-starter with a can do attitude
- Confident when decision making
- Able to remain calm yet directive in a crisis
- Able to work to strict procedures
As a minimum you'll need to have:
- The ability to work as part of a team or independently
- Evidence of numerical ability
- Attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
As well as a great team environment and comprehensive training, all GWR colleagues enjoy a range of benefits including final salary pension scheme, free rail travel across the GWR network for you and your family, company-sponsored health care plan, childcare vouchers and an Employee assistance programme.
This role requires shift working including weekends and bank holidays .
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our organisation. And the broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.