- The number of people to have passed through a railway apprenticeship scheme.... The post GWR Apprentices take over Bristol Parkway Station appeared first on thebigidea.
- Great Western Railway has teamed up with a local bike hire company,.... The post GWR and partners launch app based bike hire at Plymouth Station appeared first on thebigidea.
- West Berkshire Council in partnership with Great Western Railway (GWR) has been.... The post GWR: 6 million investment for Newbury Station approved appeared first on thebigidea.
- Great Western Railway (GWR) provides high speed, commuter, regional and branch line.... The post Working for Great Western Railway (GWR) appeared first on thebigidea.
- Great Western Railway’s open day at their St Philips Marsh depot, Bristol,.... The post GWR raises money for charity appeared first on thebigidea.
Driver Standards Manger job in Bristol
Find out what it is like to work at Great Western Railway
Job Title - Driver Standards Manger
Over the next few years we will be making history with huge investments that will affect all areas of operations, from new trains to stations upgrades and local community support.
We aim to transform the way people think about rail travel by setting a new standard - a better experience for our customers. Together we will restore the railways as a very special way to travel - relaxing, fast, efficient, friendly and fun.
If you share our passion for the Railway, then we would love to hear from you.
What you'll be doing
Your main responsibilities will be:
- For the delivery of GWR's competence management systems focusing on Drivers
- Line management of Drivers within the depot including welfare, conduct and attendance management
- Required to assess and develop operational competence, particularly train driving performance, to deliver improvements in line with company and industry requirements
- Incident/accident investigations and due diligence checks at the depot
- Briefing and training Drivers
- To work out of hours, to achieve targets and ensure coverage at depot
Who we're looking for
You'll need to be:
- Able to supply subject matter expertise relating to the development of company standards and working practices
- Prepared to work flexibly and travel to locations throughout GWR to meet the overall company assessment and development plan
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Flexible in your approach to work and the ability to learn / adapt to change are also essential
- Must be self-motivated, committed to delivering results with minimum supervision and be able to use initiative appropriately
- Able to work methodically and create / maintain current accurate records
- Able to provide excellent customer service
As a minimum you'll need to have:
- Current train driving experience with first-rate train handling skills and be fully competent in Drivers' rules and regulations
- Traction and rolling stock knowledge
- Previous experience of establishing relationships with customers
- Excellent knowledge of GWR operations and standards is desirable
- Good Microsoft Office skills
- D31/D32 or A1 certification would be an advantage, although training in this area can be provided for the successful candidate
- Previous line management experience
As well as a great team environment and comprehensive training, all GWR colleagues enjoy a range of benefits including final salary pension scheme, free rail travel across the GWR network for you and your family, company-sponsored health care plan, childcare vouchers and an Employee assistance programme.
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our organisation. And the broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.