- Three of our members, Sky, Barclays and Atkins have featured in Glassdoor’s.... The post Sky, Barclays and Atkins feature on Glassdoor’s 13 employers that are great for working women appeared first on thebigidea.
- The shortlist for the British LGBT Awards 2017 has been announced and.... The post A spotlight on the Top 10 LGBT+ Corporate Rising Stars appeared first on thebigidea.
- The shortlist for the British LGBT Awards 2017 has been announced. The.... The post Shortlist revealed for the British LGBT Awards appeared first on thebigidea.
- Sky are launching a new campaign, Ocean Rescue, to raise awareness of.... The post Sky launches Ocean Rescue Campaign appeared first on thebigidea.
- Working in collaboration with other individuals and organisations within their sector, inter-sector.... The post The rise of inter-sector network groups appeared first on thebigidea.
Senior Research Manager - Customer First job in Osterley
Find out what it is like to work at Sky
Job Title - Senior Research Manager - Customer First
Our experts working in Insight and Decision Science (IDS) are at the forefront of understanding consumers and creating actionable insight about their behaviours, attitudes, needs, how they like to interact and what makes them tick. This consumer intelligence helps deliver a better experience and service to consumers and improves marketing performance. We have developed, and are responsible for, one of the most powerful, large-scale consumer data sets in the World, combining detailed consumer cross-platform viewing behaviours with transactions, interactions, profiles, needs, attitudes and preferences across a wide breadth of UK and ROI households.
IDS employs a considerable team across five locations in a variety of specialist skills including data development, analytics, research, report development, decision execution, CRM, insight consultancy, software development and econometrics and has a very extensive and deep stakeholder base across 30+ areas of Sky, covering every subject - from acquisition to retention, from on-screen to online, from marketing effectiveness to targeted advertising.
As a valued employee of Sky, you'll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme, private health care and a share save scheme. There's a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
The in-House qualitative team sits within the Sky Research team (alongside Analytics and Quantitative) which provides critical insight to the business. A really exciting opportunity has arisen for someone who wants to champion the consumer viewpoint and use creative and engaging qualitative and immersion research methodologies to embed customer thinking at the heart of the business.Unlike a traditional agency role, we have the freedom and trust to recommend a variety of innovative approaches which not only answer business challenges but also engage and excite. Being an internal resource lends an additional consultative angle to our role in terms of ensuring research findings and the customer perspective continue to be implemented, even after the debrief.
- Driving a 'Customer First' mentality among senior stakeholders - leading a programme of activities which are designed to challenge and engage their thinking. We are about to embark on a regime which will involve multiple engagement activities to help senior people at Sky get direct interaction with consumers. Part of the role will involve managing a project co-ordinator to ensure logistics for activities progress smoothly.
• Expertise to lead a range of ad hoc qualitative projects.
• Delivering a strategic programme of customer immersion activities which align with business priorities and give stakeholders engaging experiences to draw from - which in turn result in shifting mindsets
• Designing compelling and inspiring research approaches which bring the customer viewpoint to life
• Keeping up to date with the latest co-creation and innovative ethnographic research approaches to deliver an evolving programme of activities
• Working collaboratively with the wider research team and Insight Decision Science colleagues to ensure customer thinking is grounded in customer behaviour
• Managing a project co-ordinator to ensure the regular programme of activities is managed effectively and that all stakeholders have opportunities to take part in customer-facing activities
- Working with other members of the qual team to devise methodologies and manage projects
- Taking a lead role on the day to day management and delivery of a range of ad hoc projects (which could involve anything from creative development to proposition development or strategic delivery)
- Integrating a range of methodologies when responding to briefs and building confidence among stakeholders of your ability to employ the latest research innovations
• Having confidence to present in front of and lead workshops with the most senior Sky stakeholders, with a willingness to advocate the consumer perspective
• Championing the customer in all interactions and projects and ensuring stakeholders are taken on the journey
• Understanding stakeholder preferences for different approaches and methodologies and adapting to suit their requirements, whilst being able to challenge and ensure the correct approach is employed
• Proven ability to think creatively and challenge ways of working
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Excellent stakeholder management
• Strong communication skills
• Confident presenter and facilitator - able to corral a senior audience
• Experience of working under pressure and to tight deadlines within a highly dynamic environment
• An interest in online and face to face qualitative research
• Desire to constantly challenge and drive innovation in Sky's research techniques
If you're ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk flexible working
It's our people that make Sky Europe's leading entertainment company. That's why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better