- People still think of engineering as a profession reserved only for white heterosexual men. But.... The post What is it like being LGBT in the Engineering industry? appeared first on thebigidea.
- We are excited to announce that at an awards ceremony in November,.... The post Arcadis Employee picks up Women of the Future Award appeared first on thebigidea.
- The Environment team in Arcadis had unprecedented success at this year’s Brownfield.... The post Arcadis Environment team receives 3 awards appeared first on thebigidea.
- Emma graduated with a MEng (Hons) Civil & Coastal Engineering from Plymouth.... The post Emma Herbert was selected onto the Women Engineering Society Youth board at Arcadis appeared first on thebigidea.
- In September and October 2016, Paydata collected information on a number of.... The post Paydata UK Reward Management Survey 2016 appeared first on thebigidea.
Assistant Project Manager/Project Manager job in Exeter
Find out what it is like to work at Arcadis
Job Title - Assistant Project Manager/Project Manager
Bristol, Exeter, Cardiff, and Cornwall
Arcadis is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. Arcadis differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate €2.5 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit: www.arcadis.com.
You'll be part of professional team that's in tune with the ethos of the Education sector and understands the distinctive challenges and responsibilities that come from working in this arena. Our clear focus on delivering exceptional outcomes for our clients means that you can be confident of making an important and positive contribution to the development of the national social infrastructure.
The role offers growth for progression for the right candidate and the opportunity to make an impact on a growing sector within our business. The successful candidates will be responsible for supporting managers in achieving service excellence and positive outcomes for our clients; showing high levels of technical capability, sound commercial knowledge and a good understanding of the key drivers or cost and value; capturing and sharing knowledge and driving innovation in service. Successful candidates will be presented with a great opportunity for career progression whilst at the same time being exposed to cross sector experience.
- Lead day to day delivery of Education projects
- Development of Client Briefs and Project Execution Plans to deliver outputs
- Manage design teams in the development of design solutions to planning application and approval.
- Stakeholder mapping and engagement
- Administration of complex building contracts, proactively managing and confirming the compliance of contractors/consultants to the contract terms and conditions.
- Assist with the compilation of tender documents, and critically reviewing tender returns, contract negotiations, award of contracts and client reporting.
- Initiation and development of project documentation, programmes, master budget etc.
- Select and maintain a robust document management system so that the project team uses it to document project execution
- Design and produce reports to suit relevant stages of the projects
- Comply with Arcadis governance
- Deliver projects within the framework of risk, sustainability and environmental considerations agreed at the business case/client brief stage, while maintaining focus on time, cost and quality
- Manage reporting on the contractors progress against the contract programme
- Direct consultant teams to ensure that the contractor's design is done in compliance with the contract
- Direct consultant teams to ensure that the built product is compliant with the contract.
- Utilise Sector specific market, client and Built Asset know how (Insight)
- Significant experience of project management for Educational schemes
- High quality oral and written communications (reports, instructions etc.)
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Experience of producing executive reports on a monthly basis relating to project deliverables
- Experience of sustaining client relationships as a trusted advisor
- Pro-active approach - able to identify areas of need and to manage outputs
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- A flexible attitude - able to respond to the needs of the business
- Experience to include interpretation of contracts, design and implementation of change management, resolution of contractual disputes, design and implementation of project controls, contract correspondence and financial close out of contracts.
- Experienced in contract negotiation.
- Strong knowledge and use of document management systems to aid efficient service delivery.
- Experience of programme analysis, interrogation, interpretation and client reporting.
Arcadis is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services.
Arcadis differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe.
We are 27,000 people that generate €3.4 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit: www.arcadis.com.
Arcadis UK now incorporates the Hyder and EC Harris brands.
What We Offer:
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
For some levels, PMI and Income Protection is paid for
Highly competitive salary
Annual holiday allowance, plus the option to buy and sell
One of the best contributory pensions in the industry, Pension matched to 8% (waiting period applies)
Interest free Season Ticket Loan
Annual Professional Subscription Paid
Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
Long Term Service Awards
Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make